Port Adelaide Kayak Tour, Dolphin Sanctuary: Join this Dolphin Sanctuary Kayaking Tour. The Dolphin Sanctuary is one of Adelaide's "secret spots" and an area of incredible beauty. Its home to a fascinating array of marine life, birds and the Port Adelaide River Dolphins. The Ship's Graveyard is a unique feature of the area with over 20 "wrecks" to view.
This 3 hour kayaking tour is ideal for families and people who just want to relax and soak up the heritage this area has to offer. Located only 25 minutes from Adelaide CBD at Garden Island it makes it easy access for a day which is out of the ordinary. Tours run spring to late autumn and are conducted in double sea kayaks, which are easy to paddle, stable and very comfortable.
Port Adelaide Kayak Tour
- 3 hours of adventure lead by our friendly guides.
- Maximum chance of seeing dolphins!
- Mangrove creeks, ships graveyard and dolphin spotting
- Participant paced
- Informative commentary given by your guide
- Plenty of time for photos and sightseeing
- 2 person kayaks
- Morning departure time when conditions are calmest
- Start time generally mid-morning to get best conditions
- Bookings essential
Kayak Tour Departures:
- 10.00am but may vary with tides and demand
- Choose a date from the calendar above.
- The Port Adelaide Kayak Tour operates September -- June.
- Select your date from the calendar above.
- All kayaking and safety equipment.
What to Bring:
- Wear light coloured, loose fitting clothing to suit the temperature of the day
- Be sun smart, a shady hat and sunscreen
- Shoes/sandals that may get wet
- Insect repellent
- Drink and snacks
- A CAMERA! We can supply a waterproof container