Picton River Rafting Trip, 9kms, Hobart: Enjoy a 9km rafting trip on the Picton River close to Hobart, Tasmania. This river is known for grade 3 rapids and flow through the tall Eucalypt forests. This rafting trip is ideal for the whole family! From what is locally known as 'Top Bridge' our group will raft down the Picton River. You'll see features such as 'The Gorge', Huon Pine Trees and and interpretation of the huge surrounding Eucalyptus Regnans forests. After a lunch break at Tahune Cafe (not included) then its back to the water for part two of your days rafting on the Picton River.
Depending on the water flow the Picton River can deliver rapids to grade three. This section of Picton River is fun at any level. In normal moderate flows it has grade one & two rapids and at levels over 1 metre this increases to grade three. At low summer levels this trip may be changed to an alternate 6 km trip on the Huon River starting in the World Heritage Area.
Picton River Rafting Trip, 9kms
- Up to grade 3 rapids
- Stunning forestry scenery
- Amazing professional guides
Your guides will have all the gear to keep you warm and safe whilst on the river. As a bonus, your Picton River rafting experience also includes entry to the Tahune Adventure site. Meet your guides at the Tahune Adventure Site at 10 am.
- Helmet and Personal Floatation Device (PFD), Booties
- Wetsuit, fleece and splash top. Tassie rivers can be cold!
- Dry bag. We provide a dry bag per boat in case you wish to carry an extra snack, water bottle or camera on your trip.
- A hot drink and snack for half way down the river.
- A knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide to make your trip memorable.
What to bring:
- A set of bathers to wear under your wet suit.
- Bring an extra thermal if you wish.
- Towel and change of clothes for after the trip
- Any personal medication (if required ie. Ventolin, Epipen, heart medication, etc.)
Picton River Rafting trip is suitable for:
- Suitable for families with stronger children (10–15 yrs).
- Minimum age is 10 years old.
- Under 18 years will need a parent/guardians permission to raft
- Adult = 16 +
- Child 1–15 years
*Please note – May not be suitable for children under 25kg the provided Personal flotation device must fit correctly.
- Meet at 10 am at the Tahune Adventure Site (Arve Rd, Geeveston), 90 mins from Hobart
Drive from Hobart to Geeveston, 60 minutes/61kms
Then from Geeveston to Tahune 30 minutes/28kms
- Allow 4.5 hours for your white water rafting tour.
- Start time is 10am, ending around 2.30pm.
Numbers on the day:
- Minimum group of 4, maximum 12.
- Operates 7 days per fortnight.
Try these Tasmanian Rafting trip alternatives.
- After some more serious rafting, try the King River. King River Rafting Trip (Summer Only)
- Looking for a half day on the Picton River? Picton River Rafting Trip, Half Day, Hobart