Picton River Rafting Trip for 4kms, Hobart: This is a 4km white water rafting trip on the Picton River close to Hobart, Tasmania. Paddling, drifting and splashing on a raft or kayak through the bouncy rapids and quiet stretches of the amazing Picton and Huon Rivers. This is a fun half day rafting trip for the young and young at heart. The day doesn't end when the rafting trip does as you also have access to the facilities at the Tahune Adventures Centre.
The 3.5 hour Picton River rafting trip covers four kilometres of fun on the twin rivers – led by your skilled and experienced guide, it’s a mix of thrills and excitement, relaxation and laid-back enjoyment! This is an on-water experience that everyone over the age of 10 years can enjoy.
As well as the excitement of being up-close and personal with a truly wild river, you’ll see rare Huon pines overhanging the banks in places that can’t be reached on foot; you’ll spot birdlife in the rainforest; you’ll hear stories of the forest pioneers; and you’ll love the delicious morning or afternoon tea featuring regional produce from southern Tasmania.
Picton River Rafting Trip, 4kms
- Fun and excitement navigating rapids
- Stunning forestry scenery
- Amazing professional guides
On the Day:
You will arrive at Tahune Adventures Visitor Centre ticket window and meet up with your guides. There will be a waiver to sign, and after gearing up jump on the bus for the short drive to launch site.
After a safety brief and an introduction to the raft for the day, depending on conditions, we get on the water to enjoy the river. We will stop for a snack break along the way before heading under the swing bridges for the classic view of the Huon and Picton Twin Rivers junction and the Tahune Airwalk.
Once at the Tahune, we finish rafting and you can change back into your dry clothes. Don't forget you also have access to the Tahune Adventure site so stay and enjoy the hospitality at the cafe and walk the Airwalk or sail across the Huon River on the Eagle Hang Glider.
- Helmet and Personal Floatation Device (PFD), Booties
- Wetsuit, fleece and splash top. Tassie rivers can be cold!
- Dry bag. We provide a dry bag per boat in case you wish to carry an extra snack, water bottle or camera on your trip.
- A snack for half way down the river.
- A knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide to make your trip memorable.
What to bring:
- A set of bathers to wear under your wet suit.
- Bring an extra thermal if you wish.
- Towel and change of clothes for after the trip
- Any personal medication (if required ie. Ventolin, Epipen, heart medication, etc.)
Picton River Rafting trip is suitable for:
- Suitable for families with stronger children (10–15 yrs).
- Minimum age is 10 years old.
- Under 18 years will need a parent/guardians permission to raft
- Adult = 16 +
- Child 1–15 years
*Please note – May not be suitable for children under 25kg the provided Personal flotation device must fit correctly.
- Meet at the Tahune Adventure Site (Arve Rd, Geeveston), 90 mins from Hobart
Drive from Hobart to Geeveston, 60 minutes/61kms
Then from Geeveston to Tahune 30 minutes/28kms
- Allow 3.5 hours for your white water rafting tour.
Numbers on the day:
- Minimum group of 4, maximum 12.
- Operates 7 days per fortnight.
After some more serious rafting, try the King River. King River Rafting Trip (Summer Only)
How about a full day of rafting on the Picton River... Picton River Rafting Trip, 9kms, Hobart