Phoenix Gorge Canyoning Trip: This one is for the very adventurous ones who want some extreme canyoning adventure. Your canyoning trip starts with a hike up a hill, two abseils down to enter the Phoenix Gorge canyon. Little Cheese is your first stop. A fun slide that provides a prelude for whats to come. Step aside Little Cheese, welcome Big Cheese. Almost a vertical 30 metre high waterfall to abseil down. But of course the rope only goes half way down. Now you need to hold your breath and let go! Here, you slide down the second half into the deep cool pool below. Such a rush!
It doesn't end there! Zipline over the top of the next waterfall, then another zipline shoots you straight into the water followed by a couple more jumps. Ok, it's time for lunch. What better location than to stop and rest by the stunning river.
This is a physically demanding day, and we recommend completing the Dove Canyon before this trip.
Phoenix Gorge Canyoning Trip
- Slides, Abseiling, more slides, ziplines and of course getting very wet!
- Adrenaline, exhaustion, exhilaration. 3 great traits of this canyon!
- 8.30 am (6-8 hour trip), 9.30am (6-8 hour trip)
- Cradle Mountain Visitor Information Centre
- We also provide a tasty lunch on this tour.
- Canyoning is physically and mentally challenging.
- There's no way to walk around any of the falls, so it is a committing trip.
- Plus a very steep hill to walk out at the end.
What size is the group
- Twelve – plus two guides.
- You should be physically fit
- MUST be able to swim
- MUST be over 15 years old
What is provided
- We provide all the specialised gear you need to wear throughout the trip
- life jacket, helmet, wetsuit, shoes, gloves and harness.
What should I bring
- bathers, a rash-vest or thermal top
- dry clothes to get changed into
- light clothes in which to walk into the canyon
- neoprene, woollen or polar fleece socks (not cotton) to wear under your booties.
- a hat, drink bottle and sun-cream, a towel
- if you wear glasses you will need to bring a strap to secure them
- any medications you require
- Please notify us of any medical/physical conditions you feel we need to know about.
- If you need to bring medication, we can carry it in our waterproof first aid kit.
- Do not bring anything valuable with you. The river gods have a taste for jewellery and Swiss watches.
- Don't bringing cameras! They tend to get dropped to the bottom of the river. We take photos during the trip and can be purchased at the end.
Canyoning or abseiling experience is NOT necessary
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations fees of up to 30% may apply. Cancellations seven days or less before the tour date attract a 100% cancellation fee from the operator.
You will be asked to sign a waiver prior to undertaking the Pheonix Gorge Canyoning Trip.
After some other canyon tours?
- Dove Canyoning, Tasmania, Day Tour
- Our half day Family oriented Dove River Canyoning tour could be more suited.