Phillip Island Whale Watching Cruise: Embark on a winter whale watching cruise discovering Phillip Island’s picturesque coastline. Each year Humpback and Southern Right Whales leave Antarctica to head north along Australia's east coast. As they do some will head past Phillip Island on their way north. You have a unique opportunity to view these amazing mammals from aboard one of our 20 metre (64 foot) modern catamarans. These very majestic animals will delight you with their antics, but there is a very short window of opportunity each year. The Phillip Island Whale Watching season is a short one, from June to early August each year. On each trip we expected to see whales around 80% of the time, but these are wild animals and we cannot guarantee this. But as well as seeing whales, on route we regularly joined by playful dolphins pods, curious seals and a variety of birdlife including the Wandering Albatross.
Phillip Island Whale Watching Cruise
- 4 hours cruise around Phillip Island
- Seeing Humpback and Southern Right Whales
- Regular dolphin and seal sightings
- Witness the sheer granite cliffs of Cape Woolamai
- Wonderful lunch supplied
What should I wear and bring?
- Please dress for the weather, keeping in mind it is usually cooler on the water.
- We recommend bringing your Keep Cup and water bottle as well as your camera.
What is included?
- 4 hour Phillip Island coastal cruise
- Whale sightings (we expected to see whales 80% of the time but its not guaranteed)
- See thousands of seals at Seal Rocks*
- Circumnavigate Phillip island*
- Regular dolphin, seals and sea bird sightings
- Delicious freshly made lunch
- Complimentary tea/coffee and cake
- Captain’s commentary
- Wildlife information and interpretation
- Licensed bar
- Rhyll Jetty Departure
- The Phillip Island Whale Watching Cruise is a four hour adventure
- This whale watching cruise runs for a short season each year.
- From June to August. Book early.
- Rhyll Jetty, Phillip Island. 16 Beach Rd, Rhyll VIC
- Please arrive at the boat ready for boarding 15 minutes prior to departure
- Your cruise leaves the Rhyll jetty at 9am on selected dates
- *Child ages are 4–15 years, with 3 years and under free of charge.
- **The Family price is for 2 Adults & 2 Children.
Will it be rough?
- The Phillip Island Whale Watching Cruise travels into open waters, which may be choppy at times, taking motion sickness tablets is recommended.
About the boat:
- The ‘Kasey Lee’ and the ‘Brianna Lee’ are 20 metre (64 foot) modern catamarans, comfortably seating 120 passengers in indoor and outdoor areas on two floors, with a fully licensed bar, souvenir and snack shop.
Conditions and Cancelations:
- Changes or refunds can be made up to 24 hours prior to travel on Phillip Island tours.
- A 5% Cancellation Fee applies if cancelled by the customer.
- Cancellations/Changes within 24 hours for Phillip Island tours or No-shows will not be refunded and incur a 50% booking fee when rescheduling.
- If we cancel a cruise due to weather or any unforeseen circumstance a transfer or refund will be offered.
Weather & Numbers
- Cruise dates and times may be changed or cancelled due to weather and passenger numbers.
- We reserve the right to cancel any cruise based on not meeting minimum numbers or weather condition.
- You will be informed within a reasonable timeframe of this cancellation with the option of a transfer or refund.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
You may also enjoy:
- Phillip Island Seal Watching Boat Cruise from Cowes Jetty, VIC
- Cape Woolamai Scenic Boat Cruise, Phillip Island, VIC