Phillip Island Seal Watching Boat Cruise from Cowes Jetty: Join this wonderful boat cruise from Cowes Jetty on Victoria’s Phillip Island. You’ll travel 2kms off shore to Seal Rocks. There, the boat drifts within metres of the largest fur seal colony in Australian waters. On average over 5,000 seals spend their days on Seal Rocks. These playful and naturally curious mammals are quite comfortable with the boat. You’ll watch them play and swim nearby with them regularly approaching the boat to check us out.
During Autumn, Seal Rocks comes even more alive with seal pups playing in the seaweed learning to catch their prey. The pups’ curiosity to boats is evident as they confidently approach in large pods within meters of the boat!
Along the way to Seal Rocks you’ll be enthralled by the beautiful coastline that makes up Phillip Islands western shoreline.
Phillip Island Seal Watching Boat Cruise
- Spending two hours on the water off Phillip Island
- Seeing fur seals up close, watching them play
- Witnessing a variety of seabirds & regular dolphin sightings
What should I wear and bring?
- Please dress for the weather, keeping in mind it is usually cooler on the water.
- We recommend bringing your Keep Cup and water bottle as well as your camera.
What is included?
- 2 Hour scenic coastal cruise
- Educational commentary
- Historical Sights
- Tea & Coffee is complimentary onboard and cake will served on the return part of the trip
- There is a licensed bar where you can purchase drinks.
- Free Wifi
- The Phillip Island Seal Watching Boat Cruise takes place over 2 hours.
- The Jetty Triangle, 11–13 The Esplanade, Cowes VIC 3922
- Please arrive at the boat ready for boarding 15 minutes prior to departure
- Your cruise leaves the Cowes wharf at 2pm
- *Child ages are 4–15 years, with 3 years and under free of charge.
- **The Family price is for 2 Adults & 2 Children.
Will it be rough?
- The Phillip Island Seal Watching Boat Cruise travels into open waters, which may be choppy at times, taking motion sickness tablets is recommended.
About the boat:
- The ‘Kasey Lee’ and the ‘Brianna Lee’ are 20 metre (64 foot) modern catamarans, comfortably seating 120 passengers in indoor and outdoor areas on two floors, with a fully licensed bar, souvenir and snack shop.
- Accessible parking and wheelchair/walker access to our office at the Cowes jetty carpark
- Seating on the jetty on your way to the boat
- Wheelchair, walker and pram access to the boat via a ramp (please be aware that there are up to 15 steps on the jetty itself)
- Accessible toilet on board with extra room and grab handle
- Ample room on board for wheelchairs, walkers and prams as well as room to turn
- Personal attention by the crew on board to passengers with special needs
Conditions and Cancelations:
Changes or refunds can be made up to 24 hours prior to travel on Phillip Island tours.
A 5% Cancellation Fee applies if cancelled by the customer.
Cancellations/Changes within 24 hours for Phillip Island tours or No-shows will not be refunded and incur a 50% booking fee when rescheduling.
If we cancel a cruise due to weather or any unforeseen circumstance a transfer or refund will be offered.
Weather & Numbers
Cruise dates and times may be changed or cancelled due to weather and passenger numbers.
We reserve the right to cancel any cruise based on not meeting minimum numbers or weather condition. You will be informed within a reasonable timeframe of this cancellation with the option of a transfer or refund.
You may also enjoy: