Phillip Island Sea Kayaking Tour from Woolamai Waters: An all day ocean sea kayaking tour from Woolamai Waters, Phillip Island, Victoria offering sheltered conditions for most of the year. You will kayak past huge granite cliffs and paddle into sea caves. This area of Phillp Island offers both beginners and experienced paddlers a real adventure. On this full day sea kayaking trip you may sea seals, penguins and the occasional pod of dolphins. The lunch spot is a real corker.
Phillip Island Sea Kayaking Tour
- Full day ocean sea kayak adventure at Phillip Island
- Paddle past huge granite cliffs and enter sea caves
- Wildlife encounters with dolphins and seals a bonus
To enjoy your Phillip Island sea kayaking tour you must be of good general fitness and be over 16 years of age. You should not consider this activity if you currently suffer from a bad back, have any broken arms and legs, wrist injuries or dislocated shoulders. You must be able to swim 50m non stop.
You will need to sign an indemnity form and medical form before commencing the sea kayaking trip. We recommend that you bring swimmers, a thermal top or rashy vest, wet suit boots or old runners or sandals but no thongs please. Don't forget to bring a bottle of water with you. A spray jacket, thermal top, PFD and lunch are supplied. Dry bags are supplied for camera equipment and mobile phones. All staff have a sea kayaking guide or instructors qualification, level 2 first aid or wilderness first aid and at least 5 years experience.
The strength of the wind can affect wave and swell size so your kayaking trip is weather dependant. Trips will be cancelled if the forecast is 20 knots or above. Our staff will contact you 2 days before hand to confirm the trip. Cancelled trips will be rescheduled at a later date.
Kayaking Skill Required:
- Novice with good general fitness
- This sea kayaking trip lasts approx. 6 hours.
- The kayaking tour starts at 9:30 am and finishes at 3:00 pm.
- Phillip Island Sea Kayaking Tour runs between mid-September until April
- Lunch, Snacks and drinks
- Qualified and experienced guides.
- Safety gear and emergency procedures organised by the guide.
- Use of double and single sea kayaks, paddle, life jacket, spray skirt, water proof jacket, pump, dry bags
- Fantastic scenery, sea eagles, dolphins, seals etc on occasion.
- Good fun, relaxation, fitness, fresh air.
Numbers on the day:
- We operate with a minimum of 4 and maximum of 12.
- Each participant must be over 16 years of age.
- Single sea kayaks will only be available to experienced participants
- Please advise if anyone is over 195 cm in height; are over 110 kg in weight and/or are over 120 cm in the hip measurement
- Please advise if over 70 years of age to ensure tour/course suits fitness level.
- You will need to sign an indemnity form and medical form before commencing the trip.
- Dry bags are supplied for camera equipment and mobile phones.
- All our staff are qualified and have a First Aid certificate and at least 5 years experience.