Perth Rock Climbing, One Day, Fully Guided: Learning rock climbing has never been easier with this one day rock climbing experience in Perth. Designed for beginners with little or no rock climbing experience and wish to either start or extend their outdoor rock climbing abilities.
In this rock climbing course you learn to choose the correct climbing routes to take, slowly increasing in difficulty and complexity. Choosing the correct route and mastering the climb is what gives the outdoor rock climber a greater sense of challenge and achievement.
Perth Rock Climbing Day highlights:
- Being introduced to the sport of rock climbing
- Climbing a lane different graded climbs
- All equipment plus morning tea and instruction included
The rock climbing course begins with a training session on what rock climbing protocols are, your equipment, safe climbing, communicating with others, tying onto a rope, and belaying the climber.
You will also be instructed on various moves and techniques to improve your climbing style and to aid you in climbing difficult walls. Various pitches and difficulties are set up by the instructors during your course to allow you to experience different climbing scenarios. Your climbing instructors are never far and will be offering help and guidance while you climb.
Perth Rock Climbing Times:
1st Oct–31st Mar, 7am–2pm
1st Apr–30th Sept, 8am–3pm
- Please note a minimum of 6 people are required for this adventure to go ahead.
- Dates in our calendar are a guide only. We confirm on booking.
- If you don't see a date you are after please contact us.
- The Perth Rock Climbing Day is held at Gooseberry Hill (Stathams Quarry) approximately 30 minutes from Perth CBD.
- If you organise a group of 8 or more people we can run the program on a date of your choice.
Fitness levels and experience:
- No experience is required.
- The instructors will teach you everything you need to know.
- A reasonable level of fitness is needed.
What to bring and wear on the day:
- Lunch, water and snacks for the day
- Day pack for personal gear
- Hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Hair tie if you have long hair
- Comfortable footwear (runners or boots)
- Rain jacket, thigh to knee length
- Glasses and sunglasses should be secured with a retainer strap
- You should bring a second pair of glasses or contact lenses on the day
What is supplied:
- Experienced instructor/s
- All rock climbing and abseiling equipment including climbing boots
- Morning tea
- First aid kits
- Access fees
Please feel free to bring any items of personal rock climbing gear that you have.