Perth Blue Whale Watching Cruise, Fremantle: Experience the spectacular phenomenon of Blue Whales feeding in the Perth Canyon! Located just 30 nautical miles off the coast of Perth, this feeding area is larger than the grand canyon and if often referred to as the 'epicentre of biodiversity'. Blue Whales won't be the only marine creatures you will experience. with such an abundant food supply, this area brings Orcas, sea lions, Sperm whales and dolphins up close for you to observe. Get up close and personal with these other worldly creatures.
Perth Blue Whale Watching Cruise
- Incredible sightings of blue whales.
- Explore the rich biodiverse feeding ground of the Perth Canyon.
- Sperm whales, dolphins, sea lions and orcas also call this area home.
- All day experience.
- Educational and insightful commentary.
- Learn the language of the great Blue Whales.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided.
Join MV Steep Point... The largest, most luxurious purpose built whale watch vessel in Western Australia with five viewing platforms over three levels ensuring no crowding and a premier Blue whale watching experience!
The Perth Blue Whale Watching Cruise departs Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour between March and May. You will cruise out to the underwater sea canyon known as Perth Canyon, passing Rottnest Island! As you travel closer to the Perth Canyon, you will notice the sea life becoming more present in the water.
Keep an eye out for dolphins diving alongside the boat, and sea lions chasing fish. Once you have arrived at the biodiversity epicentre, more animals become visible. Sperm whales and Orcas in their natural habitat, feeding and frolicking in the water. It won't be long before you set your eyes on the largest mammal in the world – the Blue Whale. These spectacular creatures feast upon the abundant krill populations of the Perth Canyon. On board, your crew will provide you with a wealth of information about the area, the Blue Whales and the conservation and research currently being explored in the area.
With morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided, you get to sit back and experience the beauty of the Western Australian coast. If you can't get that perfect photo, don't worry, our on board photographers will make sure you go home with a photo that is a great as your experience. As the sun begins to fall towards the horizon, you can enjoy a complimentary glass of wine or beer, as you relax during the cruise back to Fremantle.
Whale watching season:
- This Perth Blue Whale Watching Cruise from Fremantle, runs from March–May.
- An insightful all day cruising experience.
- Detailed information about Blue Whales and the Perth Canyon.
- Scientific research provided by top scientists, with commentary throughout the tour.
- Delicious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea as well as drinks.
- A complimentary wine or beer on the return trip.
- A free postcard and photo of your experience.
Fitness and Experience:
- Consulting your doctor or chemist if you experience motion sickness.
- This experience is suitable for pregnant women.
- This Perth Blue Whale Watching Cruise is an all day cruse.
- Allow 7 hours for this trip.
- Children must be over the age of ten.
- Please consider their cruising experience as this can be a long day for children.
- There are toys and colouring in pages available for their entertainment.
What to bring:
- Please bring a warm jacket as it often gets cold on the water, even in the summer.
- A spray jacket is recommended in the chance of rain.
- Flat shoes must be warn on the boat.
- Children and those with dietary requirements are able to bring food onto the boat.
- There is a cafe with eftpos for your convenience.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Please bring motion sickness tablets if you are susceptible to motion sickness.
- You can bring your own camera, however a professional photographer is taking photos on the day.
- Perth Blue Whale Watching Cruise departs 8:00 am.
- Please arrive thirty minutes before departure.
- Boarding commences 15 minutes before departure.
- Gates close 5 minutes before departure.
- Sardine Jetty, Mews Road, Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour
- The weather is unpredictable so please be flexible with your booking date.
- Your safety is of the highest importance so occasionally a trip will be reschedule in dangerous weather conditions.