Perth Abseiling Day: During this one day abseiling program at Mountain Quarry, Greenmount, 30 minutes from Perth CBD, you will discover the world of abseiling, focusing on developing good technique, safe abseiling practice, personal confidence and most importantly, having fun.
Abseiling in Perth
Our abseiling day commences with an introduction to the instructors and a general safety brief, followed by an overview of the equipment used during the program and fitting of personal gear, a demonstration on abseiling technique and further specific safety points.
Perth Abseiling Day Highlights
- You start on the 15m introduction wall
- Progress to the 40m Overhang
- Once you've completed both of these its onto the 60m Big Wall Finish!
- Low instructor to participant ratio
- Sense of satisfaction learning a new skill
Our Perth Abseiling Day caters for beginners and up. Whether this is your first time abseiling, or you've abseiled before, we are sure you'll find the informative and challenging. First you learn new abseiling skills on the 15m Introduction Wall. Then you put those skills into practice on the 40m Overhang. Once you've successfully completed both of these, we conclude with an adrenaline filled 60m BIG WALL finish. We specialise in helping you overcome your fears and making you feel safe.
Our aim is to help you develop the confidence to tackle the BIG WALL by the end of the day.
- Choose a date from our calendar
- You may need to be flexible with tour dates as we need min 4 to run
- If you or your group is less than 4 ppl, you will need to join an existing group.
- If you have a group of 4+ we can organise another date
What is provided?
- Experienced instructor/s
- All necessary abseiling and safety equipment
- Coffee, Tea, and homemade RAW snacks.
What do you need to bring?
- Plenty of water, lunch and snacks for the day
- Camera, Hat, sunscreen and insect repellent, hair tie if you have long hair
- Comfortable footwear (joggers, runners or hiking boots)
- Wet weather gear – thigh to knee length
- A retainer strap for all glasses and sunglasses.
- The day generally runs from 0800/0900–1500/1530
- Minors must be accompanied by a legal guardian (this person does not need to participate, but needs to stay for the duration of the activity).
- Be of reasonable fitness.
You may also be interested in...