Exploring beneath the ocean is one of the most liberating experiences you can do. Our Open Water Scuba Diving course in Sydney is designed to get you into the water as quickly as possible. Taking 3 days with online learning over two consecutive weekends, you’ll have your ticket and be able to join future dives around Sydney or further afield.
Sydney Scuba Diving Course Highlights:
- This is a Beginners Scuba Diving course, no experience is necessary
- Your dive ticket will be Internationally recognised
- You’ll be qualified to dive to depths of up to 18 metres
- Save time with Online learning
- Pool training is conducted in a heated pool
- Free transport to pool and dive sites
- All scuba diving equipment is supplied
- Maximum of 6:1 students to professional dive instructor
The Open Water Scuba Diving course comprises:
- Online learning through the SSI Online Training program. There are six sections to complete at your own pace. A multiple choice exam is conducted at the dive shop before you attend any pool sessions.
- A pool or confined water session. This is where you develop basic scuba and self rescue techniques. When you are comfortable with the pool environment its time to move to the more advanced open water component. This is where the real fun begins.
- Open water training. Over days 2 and 3 you spend time in the ocean and usually take place at Long Bay and Bare Island. Here you will complete at least 4 open water dives executing the skills learned in the pool. After you have completed this open water session you’ll become a certified open water diver. This means you are licensed to dive, with a buddy, to a maximum depth of 18 metres. This qualification is recognised throughout the world of scuba diving.