Off Road Towing Course, Lithgow for 1 Day: The popularity of off road camper trailers and off road hybrid caravans has created the need a special course to cover the skills needed drive with a trailer off road. Let's face it, taking a camper trailer or caravan off-road for the first time can be a little scary. To tow a camper trailer or off road caravan with safety and confidence a few basic skills need to be mastered first. Our course is ideal for people preparing to venture off road with a trailer in tow for the first time.
The Off Road Towing Course includes the general towing instruction and is for the more adventurous with suitable vehicle and trailer. The course takes place on bush trails and puts your new skills into practice. Two trainees can share a vehicle and each driver will be given ample opportunity for practical experience.
Off Road Towing Course
You’ll learn how to:
- check your trailer is safe, secure and loaded properly
- connect your trailer to your vehicle for optimal safety
- spot potential problems before they derail your journey
- drive – forward and reverse – with a trailer
- tow a trailer safely in traffic and off road
- assess suitability of track to tow a trailer
- decouple and park your trailer appropriately
- Australian Guide to Towing Handbook
- Practical Guide to Towing DVD
- Campsite and camp kitchen available and BYO meals at Lithgow only
- Price includes up to two drivers per vehicle
- AQF Certificate included on successful completion free of charge (FWPFGM3214- Operate a four wheel drive in a towing situation)
- Please check the "Availability" calendar for Off Road Towing Course dates
Nationally Recognised Training Units of Competency
- FPIFGM3214 Operate a 4WD in a towing situation.
- Please note that some off-road driving experience is necessary before booking this course.
- We recommend the Off Road Skills Courses which will give you all the skills you need. Links provided below.
BASE PRICE shown is per vehicle for up to 2 trainees
- 1 Day
- Note: Please bring your own lunch & drinks
- Lithgow NSW on a private property
Vaccination Status Requirement
All training venues have instigated a vaccination mandate and require proof of full vaccination to gain access.
4WD Driver Training Courses:
- Sydney Basic 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course
- Newcastle Basic 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course
- Lithgow Basic 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course
Other Towing Courses include:
- On Road Towing Course, Wollongong , 1 Day
- On Road Towing Course, Canberra, 1 Day
- On Road Towing Course, Sydney, 1 Day