2 Day Nymboida River Whitewater Rafting Adventure, Coffs Harbour: Join our two day white water rafting adventure on the Nymboida River in the hinterland behind Coffs Harbour. You will be rafting over two days on the Upper Nymboida River, one of the finest rafting rivers in Australia. On this stretch of the Nymboida River you will experience surging grade 3–4 rapids and exciting whitewater. With your safety and enjoyment in mind, the professional rafting guides leading you on this amazing adventure will talk about the history of the region, navigate you through amazing gorges and paddle the rafts along tranquil pools. Of course there are some serious white water rapids to conquer along the way and, over the two days, you'll experience them all.
Accommodation is along the river bank, in supplied tents. Would you have it any other way? Transfers and meals also included. The 2 Day Nymboida River Whitewater Rafting Adventure is just that – an awesome adventure in the wilderness behind Coffs Harbour!
2 Day Nymboida River Whitewater Rafting Adventure
- 2 days Rafting on the mighty Upper Nymboida River
- Camping along the river bank
- Facing 3–4 grade rapids
- Paddling through lush rainforest, spectacular gorges
Nymboida River Rafting Season:
- Sept 01 – April 30, if water levels are suitable for rafting.
- A winter rafting trip can be organised for 10 or more people
IMPORTANT: Rafting bookings are taken on faith that weather conditions are suitable and that the river will have sufficient water levels for rafting. We cannot guarantee this. If levels are not suitable just prior to your trip, the rafting guides will contact you. Refunds are paid if trips are cancelled due to low water levels.
It's important to contact us before booking to avoid disappointment.
- Please tell us what date/s you have to do this tour.
- Note, a minimum of 10 people per tour needed for it to proceed.
- Water levels can also affect availability.
- Wetsuit, raincoat/spray jacket, Thermal top, PFD, Helmet
- Transfers to and from the Nymboida river
- Meals and accommodation in tents included.
What to bring:
- Shoes for rafting “water shoes” / Wetsuit booties / or old sand shoes (these need to be lace up, zip or velcro – no slip on shoes)
- Good walking shoes
- Sleeping bag
- Clothes (3 x T-shirts & shorts, 3 x underwear & socks, 1 x long sleeved shirt or thermal top)
- Warm pants, jacket/jumper (wool or fleece) & beanie for nights (track pants of thermal long-johns preferred) [It can get cold at night]
- Long board shorts quick dry pants to stop sunburn
- Cap with visor to wear under helmet, to keep sun off face
- Torch (spare batteries)
- 2 litre water bottle (can be 2 x 1 litre - old soft drink bottles are good)
- Toiletries (toothbrush and toothpaste (small or almost empty tube), deodorant, lip balm, sunscreen)
- Toilet paper
- Small bottle of insect repellent
- Personal First Aid kit (paracetamol, band-aids, elastoplast, personal medication if required)
- Minimum age is 14 years/40 kgs
- Rule of thumb: Participants should be able to swim under a breaking wave in the ocean.
- Please raise any concerns regarding your fitness prior to booking.
- The weather on the river, at certain times of the year can be unpredictable.
- The rafting guide reserves the right to cancel tours, without advanced notice, at their discretion when weather or river conditions dictate.
- 2 days
- On the day our guides take a selection of photos and video of the trips. You can order these above when booking your trip.
Pick Up locations:
- Byron Bay – 80 Jonson Street, pickup – 5am / return 7pm
- Grafton – McDonalds, corner of Pacific Hwy & Spring St, pickup – 7am / return 5pm
- Coffs Harbour – Marina Drive, pickup – 7 am / return 5pm
- Cascade C/O Dorrigo – Corner of Moses Rock Road, Briggsvale Road and Morora Road, pickup – 8 am / return 4pm
- Platypus Flats Campground, 8:50am
- Other Locations available on request
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING
The Nymboida River is a 'natural' flow river which means the weather dictates the rafting trips.
Before booking please make sure you read and understand the below.
For a trip to go ahead there needs to be a minimum of 10 people. If your group size is less than 10 you can either join a group or enquire about starting a new booking with your preferred date.
Once there are 10+ people the guides will confirm the trip. You will receive a ‘pre-arrival’ email (waiver) – please check your spam folder. Each person must fill out this form before the trip commencement date. Any persons who have not completed our waiver form will not be allowed to go on the trip.
On Confirmation – your trip will still be pending
After receiving your 'confirmation' your trip will still show as confirmed, however your trip may still not go ahead due to the following:
- River Heights – too high or too low. The guides will try to give as much information as soon as they know themselves and sometimes they won't know until the morning of your trip.
- There is a chance we will drive to the river and cancel the trip on arrival due to no electronic river gauge in the area. This is very rare!
- Natural Parks Closure – this is out of our control. They usually give the guides 24 hours notice however also not limited to.
- Raft Guides – availability of guides. Raft Guides are seasonal workers and also hold down other full time employment.
- The guides hold the right to cancel your trip. If they cancelled your trip you will have the opportunity to change dates or be given a full refund. Break Loose nor the guides will not be responsible for (paying compensation) on your accommodation due to cancellation.
- If you cancel 24 hours before the trip no refund is given
- If you cancel 48 hours before the trip 50% is refunded
- If you cancel anytime before then stated above, a 12% admin fee will not be refunded
- Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Other Nymboida River Rafting trips include:
- Whitewater Rafting Nymboida River, Coffs Harbour, 1 Day
- Extreme Whitewater Rafting on the Nymboida River, 1 Day
- Family Whitewater Rafting plus Tubing, Nymboida River, Coffs Harbour