Newcastle Basic 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course: This one day Basic 4WD training course takes place in Newcastle, north of Sydney NSW. We have designed this 4WD course to give you the basic skills to take your 4WD on an off road adventure safely. We limit the number of trainees so that you can experience our excellent training standards. This course covers operating your 4WD vehicle over a variety of terrain, water crossings, snatch strap recovery, and wheel changing.
Newcastle Basic 4WD Training
- Nationally recognised 4WD trainer
- Full day of hands-on 4WD driver training
- Great location
The Newcastle Basic 4WD Training course teaches how to use your 4WD vehicle safely and with respect for the environment. Your 4WD vehicle is exceptionally capable and will surprise you with what you can actually achieve. Your 4WD vehicle is not your average family car and you deserve better than average training.
Nothing in this basic 4WD training course will damage vehicles, people or the Environment. You are not required to do any modifications to your vehicle and we supply all recovery gear necessary for the training.
Our four training venues allow us to cover all the competencies required without travelling too far. To maintain our excellent training standards, student numbers are limited on each course.
Nationally Recognised Training Course
- This Basic 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course Course provides Nationally Recognised Training in the following Units of Competency
- RIIVEH305E Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
This course covers:
- performing pre operational vehicle checks
- applying safe vehicle loading practices
- changing a wheel on a 4WD vehicle sited on uneven ground
- stall/key start recovery downhill forward and reverse
- implementing minimal environmental impact practices
- operating a 4WD vehicle competently in off-highway conditions, including:
- up and down steep inclines
- correct range, gears and techniques
- through muddy terrain and ditches
- across side slope involving irregular terrain
- irregular sandy terrain
- through water and along dry and wet dirt roads.
- using a single snatch strap to recover a vehicle
- operating a 4WD vehicle giving due regard to Workplace Health and Safety issues
- knowledge and skills required to use a 4WD vehicle with due regard to environmental issues
- This is a 1 Day course.
- Some pre-reading & answering a pre-course questionnaire is required
- Newcastle, NSW
Other 4WD Driver Training Courses include:
- 4WD Sand Driving Course, Noosa, SE Qld
- 4WD Training Brisbane, Low Range | Learn to drive a 4WD
- Sydney Basic 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course
- Lithgow Basic 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course
- Canberra Basic 4WD Training and Off Road Skills Course
- Drive AWD, 4WD Vehicle, Unsealed Roads, Lithgow
- Drive AWD-4WD Vehicles, Unsealed Roads, Canberra