Murramarang National Park Coastal Walk, South Coast NSW, 3 Days: Join us for 3 days of relaxed guided hiking along the Great Coastal Walk South Coast around the Murramarang National Park. This area is famous for its temperate climate and beautiful beaches. The hike is based out of Batemans Bay on the south coat of NSW with its jagged dramatic coastline, colour rich sandstone layers and conglomerates awaiting discovery.
The three days of walking are incredibly diverse. You will be walking a stretch of the south coast that is dotted with rock ledges, sandy beaches, pebbly coves and forest trails. All you have to carry each day is a day pack, so it's a relatively weightless hiking with optional side hikes, yummy lunches and each night you can relax back at your private beachfront villa along the route.
Murramarang National Park Coastal Walk
- Coastal, rainforest, clifftop and beach walking
- 3 day, pack free guided walk
- Your overnight bags are transferred to each nights accommodation
- Perfect for hikes and lovers of nature
- 3 moderate guided walking days on mix of beaches, rainforest, cliffs tops and rock platforms
- Meals from morning tea Day 1 to lunch Day 3 (Excluding Night 1 Dinner)
- All equipment for activities
- 2 Nights accommodation in private twin share villas with bathrooms
- Arrival Champagne after day 1 on the trail
- Complimentary massage on the afternoon of day 2
The walk itself starts on the Southern end of the National Park we strongly suggest you stay in the town of Batemans Bay the evening prior to your walk, you can book this through us or search great places to stay online.
- 730am – Hotel Pickups commence. Your luggage is transferred to your accommodation.
- Carrying only a day pack, walk commences long forested trails of the Murramarang National Park.
- Walk along cliff tops with great vantage points for observing sea life.
- June – November is whale watching season. Look out for whales smashing around.
- We head along beaches such as North Head beach, Honeysuckle, Myrtle, Oakey and Richmond.
- These beaches are connected via forested trails.
- Lunch is supplied en-route.
- Final leg of the day has the conglomerate rock formations give way to the southern point of the Sydney Sandstone basin.
- We walk the varied layers of sandstone through cracks and coves to your first night accommodation.
- Check in to your twin share beachfront private villa.
- Complimentary champagne is served on your cabin deck with your afternoon tea
- Your guides then leave and dinner is served at the onsite restaurant.
Day 2 – Beach Walking
- Post breakfast you set off along the beach. Luggage is transferred to accommodation at Depot Beach.
- Cookies beach ends is a short rock scramble prior to setting off on the long open stretch of Durras Main beach.
- Durras Lake enters the ocean half way along the sand where a river wade ensures we reach the other side.
- We stop at the northern end of the beach for lunch.
- Then its an uphill rainforest hike over Point Upright, a dominant sea cliff.
- We arrive at Depot beach one of the coasts remnant loggers camps, now an exclusive holiday destination.
- Here kangaroos are tame and incredible bird life enjoys the climate.
- Settle in to your accommodation and enjoy an afternoon of exploring the area.
- You can request to try a snorkel session or swim.
Day 3 – Rainforest Walking
- After breakfast we head along the trail to iconic Pebbly Beach.
- The trail winds over ridges and down to beaches, creeks meet the ocean here as the dominant Durras Mountain.
- The local environment here are pockets of rainforest.
- The views to the ocean are amazing and the rock platforms are striking.
- With lunch along the way, you spend the day discovering an almost different environment compared to the first days.
- We end the 3 day hike at Pretty Beach, a striking white sand beach with coastal rainforest.
- Transport will collect you and take you back to your Batemans Bay Hotel of Choice.
- We also encourage our groups to meet up for a post tour dinner in town at any number of local restaurants.
- Walkers should be prepared to walk cliff tops, beaches (including soft sand).
- You walk across a lake crossing, rock platforms and an occasional short steep section up and down headlands.
- Risks include uneven terrain on rock platforms and forest trails.
- Day 1 = 12km, Day 2 = 9km, Day 3 = 12km (approximates)
- Extra side hikes and activities can be taken if group desires (Time and weather permitting).
- Suits ages 10 – 80 years old
- Child age for pricing is 10–16 years
- Suits people with an able body and the love of the outdoors.
- No high altitude or long steep climbs are found on this hike.
- Murramarang National Park South Coast NSW Australia