Mudgee Balloon Flight with Breakfast: The stunning rural wine scenery of Mudgee is the perfect location for a hot air balloon flight. Why? Rolling hills, surrounding mountains and a beautiful valley just create a beautiful atmosphere. Add to that the many wineries and and an amazing farming community and you have an extraordinary place to fly a hot air ballooning.
Make a weekend of it!
Mudgee’s location from Sydney, just 3.5 hours north-west and 4 hours from Newcastle this is the ideal weekend getaway. There are an abundance of wineries to visit and the accommodation on offer is second to none. Add to that a hot air balloon flight and you have the perfect recipe for a wonderful weekend getaway. Of course you can stay at the Parklands Resort, where the flights start and finish!
Mudgee Balloon Flight
The ultimate soft adventure experience and a perfect adventure for a weekend getaway.
- A breathtaking hot air balloon flight over the Mudgee region.
- A la carte breakfast at a local winery
- Glass of sparkling wine
This hot air balloon flight is both picturesque and tranquil and you hear very little sound from the awakening Mudgee region.
On the day, your balloon flight begins at sunrise. We schedule the Mudgee balloon flight for the first weekend of each month. The location of this flight starts at Parklands Resort and Conference Centre, located at 121 Ulan Road, Mudgee. This is also the location of your end of flight champagne breakfast. The pilot determines which of the 12 launch sites we have
The balloon flight itself will last approximately 1 hour plus allow some time for set up and packing up.
On the day of your Mudgee Balloon Flight:
- Meet at the Blue Wren Farm just prior to sunrise.
- Meet you pilot and crew
- Pilot will then determine the launch site, based on weather conditions.
- The group is transported to the launch site.
- 25 mins to inflate balloon plus a safety briefing
- Once airborne, allow 60 mins in the air floating over wineries and farms
- Landing and packing up plus transfers back to Blue Wren Farm
- Finish the day with a champagne breakfast!
Children are welcome:*
- Children need to be aged 7–12 years and weigh less that 50kgs.
A delightful breakfast:
- Breakfast will be at The Vine Restaurant after the flight, passengers indulge in the best of Mudgee with a local sourced Breakfast and Bubbles to celebrate their flight adventure.
- Special dietary requirements can be catered to with advanced notice.
- You must be fit enough to get in and out of the basket.
- Stand up for the duration of the flight, approximately 60 minutes.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to fly in the balloon.
What to wear:
- Casual outdoor clothes are best and try not wear anything white.
- It no colder in the balloon than it is on the ground so avoid overdressing.
- You should wear sturdy flat-heeled shoes.
- A cap and sunglasses are also recommended.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera.
- You Mudgee balloon flight is weather dependent.
- Windy, wet or foggy weather can cancel a flight.
- If the hot air balloon operator cancels the flight, it will be reschedule for another day.
- You cannot change or cancel a flight within 7 days of the flight date.
- You must call the ballooning operator between 6pm–7pm on the night before your flight to confirm departure time
- Meet about 45 minutes before first light.
- We meet at the Parklands Resort and Conference Centre, located at 121 Ulan Road, Mudgee.
- The experience will take around 4–5 hours including setting up and packing up of the balloon and breakfast.
- Flights operate usually on the first weekend of each month. Check our "availability" calendar above.
- Once this experience has been confirmed, changes are at the discretion of the balloon operator.
- These are arranged directly with them according to their policy.
Check out our Sydney, Hunter Valley and Byron Bay balloon flights
- Camden Hot Air Balloon Flight with Breakfast
- Hunter Valley Hot Air Balloon flight
- Byron Bay Hot Air Balloon Flight, Far North Coast NSW