Important: 2020 Season is closed. This tour will be available in 2021.
Mt Meharry Hiking Tour: Join this hike to the summit of Mt Meharry, Western Australia's highest mountain at 1248 meters above sea level. Located within the Karijini National Park, in the south-eastern part of the park. This trip includes driving in our purpose built 4x4 bus through the centre of the National Park on a road not open to the general public. On the trip you will see land that has been ungrazed since the late sixties and unspoilt by human use since then.
Mt Meharry Hiking Tour
- Walking to Mt Meharry summit, 1248 meters above sea level
- Amazing views of the Hamersley Range
- Seeing parts of Karijini National Park not normally seen
Once we arrive at the area of Mt Meharry we walk to the summit and take in the surrounds from the tallest point in Western Australia, surveying some of the oldest rock on the planet.
Note: A minimum of 2 people or equivalent cost is required for the tour to run. Please contact us with your preferred date before booking so we can confirm availability.
You will be entering a remote area of the Karijini National Park so your safety is paramount. Be assured your guide is “remote area first aid” qualified and has comprehensive first aid kits, carries satellite communications devices and UHF radios.
- Mt Meharry Hiking Tour operates April to October.
- Morning briefing commences at 05:45 am.
- Please arrive at the meeting point by 5:30am.
- The day concludes at approx. 17:30 hrs.
- Return to Karijini airstrip via Great Northern Hwy.
This is meant as a guide only and can be varied by your guide.
- 05:45 hrs Meet at the parking area on entry to the apron of the Karijini airstrip for briefing.
- 07:30 hrs Stop on Juna Downs Rd for photo opportunity.
- 09:30 hrs Arrive part way up Mt Meharry. Briefing and walk up to the summit of Mt Meharry.
- 11:30 hrs Arrive at summit.
- 13:30 hrs Return from summit and reassemble at bus for lunch.
- 14:15 hrs Depart Mt Meharry.
- 17:30 hrs Return to Karijini airstrip via Great Northern Hwy.
- To participate in the Mt Meharry Hiking Tour you have to be over 11 years old.
- Your fitness should be able to comfortably sustain up to 10 hours of outdoor activity
- You must be fit and active, be agile and confident on your feet.
- You must have good cardiovascular fitness.
- Passionate and professional guide
- Water, snacks and lunch.
- The meals are vegetarian friendly. Please advise the operator if you require certain food products.
What to bring:
- Walking boots or sturdy footwear
- Comfortable walking clothes
- A warm jacket to wear at the summit
- A bottle of water
- Hiking poles
- Day pack
- Unfortunately, you cannot participate if you are pregnant
- Up to 10 participants
- Newman: Approx. 2 hour drive
- Port Headland: Approx 4 hour drive
- Exmouth: Approx 8 hour drive
- Broome: Approx 10 hour drive
- Perth: Approx 14 hour drive
You may also be interested in: