Moore Reef Certified Scuba Dive and Cruise, Marine World, Great Barrier Reef from Cairns, QLD: Moore Reef in the outer Great Barrier Reef, 90 mins off Cairns Queensland is your dive location. Renowned for offering some of the best certified diving on the Great Barrier Reef, you will be using Marine World and its facilities as your base. Our dedicated dive tender takes you to a selection of drift, wall & channel dives. We will also include swim throughs, small caves, ledges & drop off’s. These are private locations only accessible to Marine World visitors so you are ensured a unique dive experience.
You'll have 5 hours actual reef time so we can offer up to 3 completely different dives in a day. Your safety is our main concern so all dives are professionally guided. We take you direct to the best sites, leaving you more time to take in the beauty of your surroundings without the need to navigate.
Sites are chosen to suit the experience of the divers and of course, the current weather conditions. Don’t forget your log book and certification card so we can record your Great Barrier Reef experience for you!
Your Moore Reef Certified Scuba Dive at Marine World also includes snorkelling in a sheltered coral lagoon.
Moore Reef Certified Scuba Dive
- 90 min fast boat cruise to the outer reefs
- Scuba diving on the Moore reef
- Snorkelling on a pristine reef system
- Exploring the Great Barrier Reef
- Plenty of time to relax
- Wonderful tropical lunch provided
Marine World platform located?
The Marine World platform is located on the north eastern end of Moore Reef, approximately 45km’s offshore from Cairns. The location is far enough from coastal rivers, streams and sandy beaches to ensure clear ocean waters and maximum underwater visibility in a range of weather conditions.
Dive Age requirements:
- You must be over 12 years old take part in the Moore Reef Certified Scuba Dive.
- Anyone under 18 years will need a parent or guardians permission.
- All Diving is subject to successful completion of an on-board medical questionnaire.
- Please note, certain medical conditions (i.e. asthma, epilepsy, high blood pressure or certain medications) may exclude individuals from diving.
- Please bring your log book and certification card
Your Moore Reef Certified Scuba Dive includes the following:
- You'll spend 5 hours on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 1 guided dive session, and 2nd session can also be added.
- Marine World – A floating reef activity platform
- All snorkelling gear also included
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- A delicious tropical buffet lunch overlooking the reef
- Prices shown include Environmental Management Charge
- Child* 12–15yrs
- Want to book just the cruise with no dive? Marine World Outer Great Barrier Reef Experience
- Want to book an introduction scuba dive? Introductory Scuba Dive and Cruise, Marine World, Great Barrier Reef
What to bring:
- Swimmers & Towel
- Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen
- Change of clothes
- Extra cash or credit card for onboard purchases
- The Moore Reef Certified Scuba Dive is weather dependent.
- In bad weather your tour may need to be cancelled or rescheduled at short notice.
- If the weather is deemed too bad to travel and you are unable to reschedule, a full refund will be provided.
- Check-in commences inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, at 08:00.
- Our vessel departs Cairns Marlin Jetty at 09:00.
- Arrive at the reef by 10:30, leaving the reef at 15:30 and arriving back in Cairns by 17:00.
- There are toilets on the boat accessible at all times throughout the day.
- Fresh warm water rinse showers and changing rooms are on the Marine World platform.
Below are operator terms and conditions relating to the Moore Reef Certified Scuba Dive.
- If you fail to show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- 100% refunds given if cancellation received & acknowledged by operator 48+ hours
- Cancellations are non refundable within 24 hours of trip.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.
- Refunds are paid if tour is cancelled by the operator.
- These are the conditions imposed by the operator.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.