Melbourne Rock Climbing and Abseiling Day: Tick this off your list of adventure experiences... Abseiling and rock climbing experience close to Melbourne. Learn to descend down the cliff face under our safe guidance, then rock climb back up. An amazing day of adventure so close to Melbourne!
Melbourne Rock Climbing and Abseiling
- Full day rock climbing and abseiling experience
- Lunch and transfers from Melbourne CBD included
- Professional and experienced instructors
An awesome day of rock climbing and abseiling awaits you just 60 minutes from Melbourne. Take a breathe and step over edge (under our safe guidance of course!) and you will experience the fun and excitement of sailing down the rock face. Take on the mountain and rock climb your way to the top of the cliffs. Accept all the challenges of this one-day rock climbing & abseiling adventure.
The Melbourne Rock Climbing and Abseiling Day is suitable for beginners and above so, with our expertise and knowledge of sites, we will match your skills to the rock to give you the best abseiling and top rope climbing experience possible. Our friendly, professional guides are trained specialists in their field and will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and equipment to ensure your success.
We use natural rock faces offering a wide range of climbs from grade 8–23. This offers lot of options and flexibility depending your skills and abilities. Usually group sizes of 4–6 apply to this tour so you'll get plenty of attention from the climbing guides.
- You Yangs Regional Park
- 50 min drive from Melbourne CBD
- Weekend day trips all year. Check the "availability" tab above.
- Weekdays available for larger group bookings.
- Use the "enquire" tab above to contact us... include numbers, ages and dates wanted.
- Transport from Melbourne,
- morning tea & BBQ or picnic lunch,
- professional climbing/abseiling guides,
- all climbing & safety gear including ropes, harnesses, helmets, carabiners & belay devices.
What to wear:
- Please bring a pair of comfortable shoes with a good sole for climbing (eg sneakers with a smooth sole such as Dunlop Volleys are suitable).
- Bring a waterproof jacket, peaked hat & long pants/track suit pants (denim jeans are not suitable).
- This activity is suitable for anyone over the age of 11 yrs
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- This is a full day of abseiling and rock climbing.
- Commences at 8:15am and finishing at 5:30pm
- We leave Melbourne for a 1 hour drive to our chosen climbing site.
- A lunch break is scheduled for 12:30 to 1:30pm with the rest of the day is spent climbing.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Other Victorian climbing & abseiling experiences:
- Outdoor Rock Climbing, Melbourne (You Yangs)
- Rock Climbing Experience, Brisbane Ranges, 2 Hrs, Vic
- Melbourne's Ultimate Forward Abseiling Experience
- Beginners Abseiling Course, Melbourne, Half Day
- White Water Kayaking and Abseiling Day Melbourne