Our Melbourne City Kayaking tour on the Yarra River, is designed for people with little kayaking experience or who like to paddle on still water in comfort. Staring at the city centre on the famous Yarra River, you have the choice of heading downstream past former Customs House and historic ships, with views to South Bank and the City of Melbourne skyline.
Choose to go upstream and you’ll paddle by the Botanical Gardens, the famous MCG and watch people enjoying the river as you past them by.
Melbourne City Kayaking Tour
- 2.5 hour kayak tour of Melbourne
- Historical commentary from your friendly guide
- Snacks and refreshments included
Organise a group of mates after work and unwind on this Melbourne City Kayaking tour!
Allow 2.5 hours including 2 hours on the water.
Kayaking Skill Required:
- Beginners +
- Kayak, Life jacket, Paddle
- Personal Kayaking Guide
- Spray deck
- Spray Jacket
- This sea kayaking trip lasts 2.5 hours with 2 hours on the water.
- Day Session 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm
What to Wear & Bring:
- Casual and comfortable athletic clothing
- Old runners or thongs
- Hat, sun glasses and bottle of water.
Numbers on the day:
- We operate with a minimum of 4 and maximum of 12.
- Each participant must be over 16 years of age.
- Single sea kayaks will only be available to experienced participants
- Please advise if anyone is over 195 cm in height; are over 110 kg in weight and/or are over 120 cm in the hip measurement
- Please advise if over 70 years of age to ensure tour/course suits fitness level.
- You will need to sign an indemnity form and medical form before commencing the trip.
- Dry bags are supplied for camera equipment and mobile phones.
- All our staff are qualified and have a First Aid certificate and at least 5 years experience.
- Meet at Richmond Rowing Club, Boat House Drive, Melbourne City (opposite Federation Square).
- Can you organise a group 6-12 people?
- Email us with your details and your preferred date and we can organise a special price for you.
You may be interested in these tours: