Melbourne Balloon Flight: Float gently over the Melbourne suburbs and CBD in this early morning Melbourne Balloon Flight. Hot air balloons are magical experiences, and Melbourne is the ideal city to enjoy this soft adventure. Float over the Yarra River as it meanders through Melbourne city. See the Australian Open Tennis Centre, the massive MCG and watch the soft light reflecting off Melbourne's modern buildings. Then there are the many parks and gardens so beautifully kept, all these wonderful sights seen from your gentle hot air balloon.
Melbourne Balloon Flight
- 1 hour Melbourne Balloon flight
- Amazing views of Melbourne CBD
- Optional sumptuous buffet breakfast at the Sofitel hotel
Your balloon's course is governed entirely by the direction of the wind so launching sites vary around the city. You can be leaving from Williamstown and float over the city, landing in parks close to the Eastern Freeway. You could take off from Albert Park and fly towards Essendon or Northcote, we could sometimes take off from Moorabbin and land at Royal Park. There are days when your pilot will not fly so close to the CBD. This is because conditions are not appropriate for that kind of flight and your safety is paramount in our mind.
- Allow 3 hours with approx. 1 hour flight time
What to bring & wear:
- Wear comfortable clothes suitable for the outdoors.
- Closed-toe shoes such as runners or walking boots.
- Warm socks.
- Hat and sunglasses.
Ages & Prices:
- Prices shown above.
- Child* = 6 to 12 years old.
- Base price shown is Adult weekday.
- The Melbourne Balloon Flight is a weather dependant activity.
- If postponed due to bad weather, your flight will be rescheduled by the operator.
- Add a buffet breakfast and champagne at the Sofitel hotel to your booking.
- If you fail to show for your flight unfortunately we cannot refund your ticket price.
- Summer, meeting time is around 4.30am, Winter 5am.
- The ballooning operator will advise meeting location before the flight as this varies depending on weather.
You may also be interested in this flight: