Margaret River Weekend Adventure: This is a weekend away jammed full of high-quality fun and excitement! Abseiling - Climbing - Hiking & camping. You will be challenged with activities like rock climbing, abseiling. You'll head bush and trek in the Boranup Forest, camp in the magnificent Margaret River area for an inspirational weekend you will not forget!
The Margaret River Adventure Weekend is a two-and-a-half day adventure program that allows participants to leave the hustle of Perth behind on Friday evening for the tranquillity of a bush camp for the weekend.
Margaret River Adventure Weekend
- 35m abseil at the spectacular Wilyabrup Sea Cliffs
- Hiking in the Boranup Forest
- Wine tasting and amazing food
- Camping overnight
- Making new friends!
Day one is all about abseiling and rock climbing! You will spend the day at the spectacular Wilyabrup Sea Cliffs overlooking the beautiful Southern Ocean. After a thorough safety brief and equipment check, it is time to perfect your technique on the sea cliffs’ nursery slopes before mastering the main abseil of 35m. During the day you will also get the chance to master the art of rock climbing.
Day two is a little more sedate and you'll spend time trekking through single trails in the Boranup Forest, immersing yourself in the sweet sounds and fresh feels of nature. A Margaret River must include a winery or two. Included also is some relaxing wine tasting at Margaret River’s award-winning wineries. Then after a picnic platter lunch in a tranquil location, you climb aboard our comfortable bus to journey back to Perth, refreshed and inspired!
What is provided:
- Experienced and friendly instructors
- All necessary equipment for a safe and exciting adventure.
- First aid kits
- Meals from breakfast Saturday to lunch Sunday inclusive
- Transport ex-Perth and return
- Two nights camping style accommodation
What to bring:
- Please bring a photo ID.
- Toiletries, towel, medications
- Clothes for the day adventures and relaxing in the evening.
- Camera, water bottle.
- We will be camping out in tents at Big Valley Campsite, with full facilities available.
- 2.5 Days 2 Nights
- Depart approximately 4.30pm Friday. We expect to return to Perth by approximately 7.00pm Sunday. Departure and return times can be tailored to suit your group.
- You must be over 18 to join the Margaret River Adventure Weekend
Margaret River Adventure Weekend Itinerary:
4:30pm – Depart Adventure Out office at 4.30pm for Wharncliffe Mill in Margaret River. This is a 4hr drive so make sure you come prepared with
a book and a pillow! It is time to get comfy and cozy. On arrival to our camp site, we will all pitch in to make camp, light a fire and cook dinner. Enjoy a glass (or two) of vino and chat.
7.00am – Rise to greet the day, breakfast, and pack lunch for the day
7.45am – Introduction to Abseiling (at accommodation). Here we introduce all the techniques and safety skills needed for the day’s activities
8.30am – Depart for Wilyabrup Sea Cliffs for a day of abseiling and rock climbing
4.30pm – Depart sea cliffs, detour through Margaret River town centre for supplies before heading back to accommodation
6.00pm – Dinner and games time
8.00am – Get up, breakfast and pack lunch for the day
8.45am – Pack bags, depart accommodation and make our way into Boranup for a walk-through majestic WA Forrest
11.00am – Arrive at an award-winning Winery for wine tasting
1.30pm – Enjoy a picnic lunch in a tranquil location, and prepare to journey back to Perth
5.00pm – 6.30pm – Arrive back in Perth after a weekend of adventure
You may be interested in these adventures?