Mareeba Balloon Ride, Cairns, Far North Queensland: Climb into our balloon basket and float off over the picturesque and panoramic views of the beautiful Mareeba Valley. Also known as the Cairns Highlands or Atherton Tablelands, this location is ideal for hot air balloon flights and is close to Cairns with transfers included with this flight. This is definitely something you do not want to miss while visiting Cairns.
Mareeba Balloon Ride, Far North Queensland
- Amazing Hot Air Balloon ride
- Return Air Conditioned Coach Transfers
- Cross Country Hot Air Balloon Chase
- Commemorative Certificate
- Over 20 years flying balloons
On the morning of your balloon ride...
At approx. 4am you'll be picked up from your Cairns accommodation and taken by luxury coach to your hot air balloon launch site in the Mareeba Valley, west of Cairns. This is an hour transfer so relax and enjoy the comfort and scenery as you travel through the Cairns hinterland.
Once at the site, the balloons are waiting for you to board the basket. Then you'll take off for your 30 minute Mareeba balloon ride. The scenery is truely beautiful and lush in this region. "What a beautiful sunrise we witnessed and the balloon ride was both glorious and fantastic" was one customers comment!
After your flight, the balloon is packed away and you are returned to your accommodation in Cairns. You can expect your hot air balloon experience to finish around 9.30am depending on the season.
Why not fly for 60 mins?
You can add a further 30 minutes to your flight where you will enjoy 2 x 30 mins flights. You'll take off, fly for 30 mins, land... then repeat it all again! We call this the double hop.
What to bring on your Mareeba Balloon Ride:
- Your ticket
- Walking shoes
- Dress casual outdoor layered clothing. White clothing not recommended.
- Peak Hat & sunglasses
- Bottle of water
- For safety it is a requirement that all passengers are able to climb in and out of the basket unassisted.
- The basket is 1.2 meters in height with two foot holes to assist the climb.
- The minimum age for the Mareeba Balloon Ride is 3 yrs old.
- All children must have had their third birthday.
- Children's rates are applicable for children aged 3–12 years inclusive.
- Children under the age of 17yrs old must be travelling with an adult.
- Proof of Age is required under 5 years, we suggest passport, before boarding.
- If you fail to show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- 100% refunds given if cancellation received & acknowledged by operator 72+ hours
- Cancellations are non refundable within 72 hours of your flight.
- These are the conditions imposed by the ballooning operator.
Looking for something more adrenaline?