Manly Snorkelling Tour, Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve: Join our Manly Snorkelling Tour at the Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve. On this amazing tour you'll see and get close some some amazing marine life just metres from the shore. Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve is renowned for its close proximity to the shore, and the underwater wildlife it contains. You'll be swimming amongst fish species such as the Blue Groper, Black Rock Cod, Zebra Lionfish, Silver Batfish – you may even see a Spotted Wobbegong. During the warmer months you'll see tropical fish that have travelled down the NSW coast as larvae in the East Australian Current.
During the Manly Snorkelling Tour you'll also learn about the critical habitat that the Aquatic Reserves provides and about the importance of it.
Manly Snorkelling Tour
Price Adult = $69 (15+)
Child + $45 (8-14 years)
Family* = 2x Adults + 2 x Child (8 -14 years)
- Interpretive guided tour with an experienced local Sydney Snorkel tour guide
- 1 hour guided Manly Snorkeling Tour at Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve
- All equipment and wetsuits included
- Safety brief and snorkel tips provided (10mins)
- Headland nature walk with great views of the Northern Beaches (25mins)
- Learn about the diverse wildlife of the Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve
- Search for the endangered species like famous Blue Groper
- Snorkel while you try to identify the 200 + other fish species, invertebrates and algae’s of the area
- Discover the Australian coastal culture of Manly from your local guide through stories
- Visit famous Manly Beach and Shelly Beach
- Whale spotting on Headland Walk from May November
Check out this YouTube video of the Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve
Things to know about the Manly Snorkelling Tour
- 2 hour Manly Snorkel Tour
Numbers on the Day:
- Small group tour maximum 8 people
- 10am-12pm (All year)
- 2pm-4pm (Oct-April)
- 1:30pm (May-Sep)
What to bring:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Thongs (flip flops) or sandals to use around the beach area
- Hat, Sunscreen
- Swimming gear/swim suit
- Refillable drink bottle
The Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve is located at Shelly Beach, Sydney which is only minutes from world famous Manly Beach.
- You must be able to swim 50 metres freestyle un-assisted, float and tread water to participate.
- A swim test is conducted at the start of the tour.
- Minimum age is 8 years. Participants 8 and 12 years require parental supervision
- Unfortunately pregnant women are unable to participate.
You may also be interested in our Southern Sydney Snorkelling Tour at Botany Bay.