Labertouche Caving Experience: Labertouche Cave is an amazing cave to try adventure caving. At its deepest point, it is 40 metres deep, carved out by fast-flowing water. Being a granite boulder cave, it's quite rare in Victoria and perfect for adventure caving. No experience is needed, although a fear of enclosed spaces will see you sit this cave out. It only has one entry and exit point so you are committed to finishing this experience once started. Remember this is not your average guided walk-around caving experience. This is adventure caving. You'll be crawling on your hands and knees, scrambling over rocks, sliding, navigating some tight spaces, exploring hidden caverns and getting wet and muddy. Sounds like something you'd like? Read on!
Labertouche Caving Experience
- Wade through a subterranean river
- Exploring chambers, caverns and chasms
- Watch as the glowworms reveal themselves
- Ideal for beginners to intermediate cavers
Beginner or Intermediate
- Are you new to caving? We recommend you choose the Yarra Junction caves. They are better suited for beginners or nervous cavers.
- Labertouche caves are suitable for intermediate cavers as they require a greater level of commitment.
Labertouche Cave Location:
- Labertouche cave approx. 1½ hours from Melbourne.
- We meet at the Caltex service station, 341 Sand road, Eastbound on the M1. Please do not try to drive to the caves.
Dates & Duration:
- 3 hours
- Check Availability for dates
- Weekdays available for larger group bookings.
- Use the "enquire" tab above to contact us... include numbers, ages and dates wanted.
What's Included in the Labertouche Caving Experience?
- Fully Guided caving trip
- All safety equipment including helmets and torches
- We supply you with a new pair of caving gloves
- Full safety briefing
- All parks fees
What to wear when Caving:
- We recommend old clothes or overalls, old pants (no denim jeans).
- Fleecy jacket, thermal underclothes, woollen socks, and old runners.
- You will also need a towel and a change of clothes for the end.
Age + Fitness Restrictions:
- The minimum age is 12 years old
- Sense of adventure a must
- Moderate level of fitness
- Under 18's must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Participants must be under 110kg and must be physically able to fit through parts of the cave.
- You will need to make your own way to the cave
We need a minimum group size of 4 participants to run this experience. Single bookings are welcome, you will be joining another group on the day.
Please note that new "Fire Danger Ratings" now operate in Victoria. All tours will be subject to suitable weather and fire safety conditions as advised by relevant authorities. Tours may be postponed at short notice as Total Fire Ban Days are not declared until late afternoon on the day prior. This is beyond the tour operator's control.
You may also be interested in:
- Yarra Junction Caving Experience, Melbourne, Half Day
- Adventure Caving, Melbourne, 2 Hours | Yarra Junction Caving
- Full Day Caving, Melbourne, Yarra Junction or Labertouche Caves