Important: 2020 Season is closed. This tour will be available in 2021.
Karijini National Park Abseiling and Rock Climbing Trip in Joffre Gorge : Join this half day abseiling and top rope climbing trip to Joffre Gorge. The Karijini National Park is located near Newman in Western Australia’s Pilbara area. During the day you’ll have the opportunity of abseiling two different routes as well as rock climb up to three different routes.
Karijini National Park Abseiling and Rock Climbing
- Abseiling down steep rock faces in Joffre Gorge
- Rock climbing back up the rock faces
- Professional climbing instructors
- Amazing views of the Joffre Gorge
Combining the stunning backdrop of Joffre Gorge with the experience of abseiling and top rope rock climbing, this program will be conducted under the direct supervision of qualified abseiling and climbing guides. You do not require any prior abseiling or climbing experience.
A minimum of 4 persons or equivalent cost is required for the tour to run. Please contact us with your preferred date before booking so we can confirm availability.
Our guides are fully qualified with nationally recognised qualifications in roping, hiking, water activities and Wilderness First Aid.
- This tour operates from April–October each year.
- You meet your guide at the Karijini Eco Retreat Reception.
- Please arrive at the meeting point by 9:15am for a 9.20 start.
- The day concludes at approximately 2pm back at Karijini Eco Retreat
- Allow approx. 5 hours for this adventure
- Safety equipment for the day, including helmets & harnesses.
- Qualified instructors
What to wear/bring:
- Comfortable outdoor clothing
- Sturdy footwear suitable for the activities.
- Small backpack with water and snacks.
- Unfortunately, you cannot participate if you are pregnant.
- Newman: Approx. 2 hour drive
- Port Headland: Approx 4 hour drive
- Broome: Approx 10 hour drive
- Exmouth: Approx 8 hour drive
- Perth: Approx 14 hour drive
- Joffre Gorge Abseiling and Rock Climbing Trip is suitable for 11 years and above.
- Your fitness should be able to comfortably sustain up to 5 hours of outdoor activity
- Up to 10 participants
You may also be interested in: