Introductory Scuba Dive and Cruise, Marine World, Great Barrier Reef from Cairns, QLD: Join this cruise to the exclusive all-weather Marine World platform situated on the outer Great Barrier Reef and take part in an introductory scuba diving lesson. Your first step towards experiencing the world of underwater exploration! And what a location to try scuba diving... the pristine Moore reef system on the Great Barrier Reef. Renowned for its quality and quantity of marine life and corals. Moore reef is situated 90 minutes from Cairns via a fast, spacious and modern Catamaran.
The amazing location of Marine World is a truly once in life time experience that also includes snorkelling in a sheltered coral lagoon.
Introductory Scuba Dive and Cruise, Marine World
- 90 min fast boat cruise to the outer reefs
- Fully guided introductory scuba dive
- Snorkelling on a pristine reef system
- Semi-Submersible and Glass Bottom boat tour
- Exploring the Great Barrier Reef
- Plenty of time to relax
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Wonderful tropical lunch provided
Marine World platform located?
The Marine World platform is located on the north eastern end of Moore Reef, approximately 45km’s offshore from Cairns. The location is far enough from coastal rivers, streams and sandy beaches to ensure clear ocean waters and maximum underwater visibility in a range of weather conditions.
Introductory Dive Experience
Your introductory scuba dive requires no precious experience. All dive equipment is included and you'll receive a souvenir dive certificate at the conclusion. The Marine World platform provides a safe, controlled environment perfect for the novice diver. Your dive lesson starts in the sheltered “moon-pool” where you will spend time practicing some basic scuba skills before heading off on your dive. Group size is kept small with a maximum of 4 divers per instructor (less if nervous divers) so you know you are in safe hands.
Your first dive will be in our coral lagoon, a shallow sheltered area with dense coral cover and teaming with fish life. The 1st dives last around 20–30 minutes and reach a maximum of 10m with most of the dive around 4–5m. If you wish to extend this include more dives on the day you can organise that directly with the operator.
Dive Age, Fitness and medical requirements:
- You must be over 12 years old take part in the Introductory Scuba Dive.
- Anyone under 18 years will need a parent or guardians permission.
- You should have a good level of fitness and be comfortable in water with your face submerged.
- All Diving is subject to successful completion of an on-board medical questionnaire.
- Please note, certain medical conditions (i.e. asthma, epilepsy, high blood pressure or certain medications) may exclude individuals from diving.
- Please email us with any questions or concerns.
Your Introductory Scuba Dive includes the following:
- You'll spend 5 hours on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- All snorkelling gear and instruction included
- Introductory Dive instruction plus 1 dive, and all gear needed
- Marine World – A floating reef activity platform
- Glass bottom boat & semi-sub tours included
- On board marine biology presentation
- Fish feeding and identification session with marine biologist
- Underwater Observatory
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- A delicious tropical buffet lunch overlooking the reef
- Prices shown include Environmental Management Charge
- Child* 12–15yrs
- Child** 4–12yrs (no dive)
- Infants 0–4 (free of charge)
- Want to book just the cruise with no dive? Marine World Outer Great Barrier Reef Experience
What to bring:
- Swimmers & Towel
- Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen
- Change of clothes
- Extra cash or credit card for onboard purchases
- The Marine World Outer Great Barrier Reef Experience is weather dependent.
- In bad weather your tour may need to be cancelled or rescheduled at short notice.
- If the weather is deemed too bad to travel and you are unable to reschedule, a full refund will be provided.
- Check-in commences inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, at 08:00.
- Our vessel departs Cairns Marlin Jetty at 09:00.
- Arrive at the reef by 10:30, leaving the reef at 15:30 and arriving back in Cairns by 17:00.
- There are toilets on the boat accessible at all times throughout the day.
- Fresh warm water rinse showers and changing rooms are on the Marine World platform.
- The Reef Magic III catamaran has a wheel chair accessible bathroom (shower & toilet) and even baby-change facilities.
Below are operator terms and conditions relating to the Introductory Scuba Dive and Cruise.
- If you fail to show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- 100% refunds given if cancellation received & acknowledged by operator 48+ hours
- Cancellations are non refundable within 24 hours of trip.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.
- Refunds are paid if tour is cancelled by the operator.
- These are the conditions imposed by the operator.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.