Introduction to Sea Kayaking, Hobart: Learn the basic skills of kayaking with this kayaking lesson in Hobart. It is a 3.5 hour introduction to sea kayaking that will teach you the techniques and safety aspects of sea kayaking. This is a great course if you are looking for the foundation skills essential for a safe and enjoyable kayaking experience.
Sea kayaking can be anywhere from a peaceful paddle around a quiet bay, all the way through to a thrilling and dangerous paddle in open water. These risks need to be weighed up against your skill levels, the conditions and preparation. All of this begins with being introduced to sea kayaking correctly. The skills you pick up in this course will help you develop good kayaking habits.
While the views from a kayak are beautiful, they don't come without certain risks.
Note: It is a prerequisite of this course to have completed a Rescue Pool Session.
Introduction to Sea Kayaking covers
- Correct posture, balance and kayak adjustment
- Essential safety equipment
- Launching and landing your sea kayak
- Efficient forward paddling
- Manoeuvring strokes (reverse paddling, turning, supporting)
- Identifying and avoiding hazardous situations
- Sandy Bay, Hobart
- Lesson starts 9.30 am to 1 pm