Intermediate Abseiling Course, Blue Mountains: Our intermediate abseiling course is designed to teach you skills and techniques required if you want to take on more challenging abseils. Its ideal if you are wanting to explore canyons or caves or just want to If you want to improve your abseiling skills under the guidance of expert guides. This course is without rival in its technical content and quality of instruction.
The course starts with an appraisal of your existing abseiling skills and knowledge and then proceeds to the more advanced instruction.
This is a 1 day abseiling course. It takes place in the Blue Mountains, within easy driving distance from Sydney. A regular train service is also available to Katoomba.
Intermediate Abseiling Course teaches:
- selection, fitting and use of abseiling equipment
- selection and rigging of suitable anchor systems and single pitch abseils
- hazard identification and avoidance
- risk management strategies
- self-belaying methods
- belay techniques for abseiling
- dealing with emergencies such as a “stuck”
- Transport to abseiling location
- fully qualified abseiling/climbing instructor
- Great food
- All abseiling gear and equipment to make your day a success
- handbooks, log books, course notes and certificates
What to wear & bring:
- Shorts, long pants, warm sweater or fleece jacket, T-shirt, sun hat, rain jacket.
- Footwear such as running shoes, or lightweight hiking boots are ideal.
- Also bring a daypack, water bottle, sun-cream, camera (optional).
This activity is physically low-impact, if you can walk up a flight of stairs you can participate. Sometimes wet weather may require postponing this activity.
This is a full day activity from 9.00am to 5.00pm
This is a group activity. Class size is approximately one instructor for every five or six participants.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Looking for a beginners Abseiling Course?