Our Hunter Valley hot air balloon flight will take you on a magic experience above the rolling hills and famous vineyards that makes the Hunter Valley region a such great destination. You’ll take in spectacular views of the Pokolbin, Lovedale, Broke and Rothbury wine regions as you float over picturesque farms just waking to the morning sunlight. Then there are the views to the mountain ranges and national parks that surround the region.
Your balloon flight includes:
- One hour balloon flight
- A la carte breakfast at Peterson House Winery
- A glass of sparkling wine
Your Hunter Valley hot air balloon flight begins!
On the day you’ll arrive at Peterson House just before sunrise. The friendly staff and your pilot will greet you, and with a hot cup of coffee or tea in hand, you’ll be briefed on the mornings adventure.
Then its off to the launch site chosen where the ground crew prepare the hot air balloon for flight. You are invited to get involved with this process, or you can just sit back and relax. When the balloon is ready, you climb into the basket and begin your hot air balloon adventure.
You’ll be in the air for approximately one hour. At times the balloon will be low and skimming over the tree tops and vineyards. Or climbing to a height of 2000 feet where the magnificent view of the Hunter region opens up before you.
Breakfast is served!
At the conclusion of your hot air balloon flight, and the gear’s been packed away you and your fellow passengers sit down on the deck at Restaurant Cuvee to enjoy a great selection of menu options, add to that some sparkling wine and chocolates. A hearty breakfast before you head off to sample some wines.
This hot air balloon flight is an award winning experience provided by the Hunter’s longest running balloon company. The Hunter Valley is conveniently located two hours from Sydney and just 45 minutes from Newcastle so why not spend the weekend there, start the morning with a balloon adventure and spend the rest of the day wine tasting and indulging in great food!
- You should allow 4 hours for the total experience with approximately 1 hour of balloon flight time.
- Depending on the time of year, you will need to be at the meeting point any time from 4.00 am to 6.30 am.
Numbers on the Day
A minimum of four people in the basket with you.
- In poor weather your pilot may choose to cancel your flight. This can be if the weather is windy, raining or foggy.
- Flight will be confirmed the night before and the exact meeting time provided.
What to wear
Wear comfortable clothing. Jeans and sneakers are ideal.
- You will be required to climb into the basket, and stand for the flight
- This experience is not recommended for pregnant woman
- Minimum age is 7 years old. There is no price difference for a child passenger.
If you cancellation
Once booked, cancellations are purely at the discretion of the ballooning operator.