Hunter Valley Hot Air Balloon flight: This is a Multi-award winning hot air balloon flight over the quiet winery and farmlands of the Hunter Valley region. Your flight begins at sunrise and take in views of the picturesque wine regions of Pokolbin, Lovedale, Rothbury or Broke. Your direction is totally dictated by the direction of the wind! The balloon flight will last approximately one hour and is followed with a delicious gourmet breakfast and champagne celebration at the famous Peterson House winery and Restaurant.
Hunter Valley Hot Air Balloon Flight
- Thrill of flying in a hot air balloon
- Amazing views of the Hunter wine region
- Champagne breakfast at the Peterson House winery
You will meet your pilot and other passengers at the Peterson House winery normally 45 minutes before sunrise. After a quick briefing you board the 4WD to take the group to the launch site. On arrival the pilot and ground crew will inflate the balloon. You can join in the experience or sit back and watch the balloon take shape.
Once everyone is aboard, the hot air balloon will gently rise above the trees and wineries offering you beautiful views of the Hunter Valley. This intimate Hunter Valley hot air balloon flight will last approximately 1 hour before coming back to earth.
Now that the balloon has landed, the support crew will pack up the balloon while you and the other passengers relax and discuss the mornings balloon flight. Then its back to the Peterson House winery for a traditional glass of bubbles and gourmet breakfast to cap off a wonderful morning adventure.
Whats included in the Hunter Valley Balloon Flight?
- 45–65 minute flight
- Champagne celebration + breakfast
- Transfers to and from the launch site
- Don’t forget your camera!
What is the minimum age accepted?**
- Children need to be aged 7 years or older and accompanied by an adult to fly.
- Child price: Need to be aged 7–12 years and weigh less that 50kgs
- Your child needs to be at least 120cm tall so they can see over the top of the basket.
- Please also keep in mind that the burner noise can be a bit frightening to young children.
What to wear when flying in a balloon:
- Long trousers, covered shoes and a long-sleeved top/jacket. Natural fibres are best.
- We suggest a cap.
How long does it all take?
- Allow 4 hours from meeting to departing is a good guide.
- Approximately one hour in the air
When is a good time to fly?
- We fly all year round.
- Spring and Summer offer our most reliable months (November–April).
- May to October offers spectacular flights on crisp Autumn and Winter mornings, but can be more weather affected.
Where do you meet?
- Your Hunter Valley Hot Air Balloon flight begins at Peterson House Winery in Pokolbin.
- Broke Rd & Wine Country Drive, Pokolbin NSW 2320.
What time do we meet?
- We meet 45 minutes before sunrise, ensuring you a maximum sleep-in.
- This time varies throughout the year, 5am at the earliest, and 6:30am at the latest.
What do I do if my flight is cancelled?
- If your flight is cancelled, you may rebook within a 12 month period.