Hot Air Balloon Flight, Alice Springs: Enjoy this 60 minute Hot Air Balloon flight from Alice Springs in the Northern Territory. Journey to the launch site in the cool pre dawn darkness and begin the ascent just as the morning light begins to illuminate the rugged MacDonnell Ranges. Float gently across the vast expanse of the Central Australian outback – keeping an eye out for native wildlife including the iconic red kangaroo and gain an appreciation of the remoteness of the area as the balloon glides across the landscape.
Hot Air Balloon Flight, Alice Springs
- Early morning dawn launch in the outback
- Beautiful views of the MacDonnell Ranges
- Seeing native wildlife such as red kangaroos
After landing, passengers may become involved in assisting the crew as they pack the nylon balloon back in to its bag or may prefer to take photographs, the choice is theirs.
At the ballooning landing site, there is time to enjoy the desert tranquility as light refreshments accompanied by Australian sparkling wine and fruit juice are served. There is an opportunity to purchase ballooning souvenirs and a commemorative flight certificate is given to all participants.
- 60 minute hot air balloon flight
- Return transfers to Alice Springs
- Qualified pilot and flight certificate upon completion
- Light refreshments including sparkling wine
- Balloon flights can be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions.
- The operator will endeavour to rebook the passengers for another date that suits their schedule.
- If this is not possible, passengers will receive a full refund.
- 60 minute balloon flights
- Return transfers
- Individually packaged muffin and other slices, cheese and biscuits and fresh fruit
- Australian sparkling wine and tropical fruit juice
Start and Finish Times
- You should allow approx. 4 hours for this experience.
- Times vary considerable throughout the year.
- Summer: 4:00am to 8:00am.
- Winter: 5:45am to 9:45am.
What to wear and bring
- Outdoor clothing (preferably not white), long pants and hat or cap are recommended.
- Enclosed flat heel shoes are essential.
- It is no colder in the balloon than on the ground but it can be cooler before sunrise.
- Warm clothing may be necessary from approximately May to September.
- Loose jewellery and scarves are not permitted on the flights.
- Passengers must be able to climb up and into the basket
- You should be able to stand for the duration of the flight.
- We cannot fly anyone more than 12 weeks pregnant.
- Medication should be brought on the tour.
- The flight and carriage of any passenger will take place at the pilot’s discretion.
- Children prices are applicable from 6–16 years of age.
- Children 3–5 years are not recommended but considered on an individual basis.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Numbers on the day:
- There could be a minus of 3 and a maximum of 24 people in the basket.
- clients who cancel their ballooning flight within 24 hours of departure
- are a "no show" on the morning of the tour
- or who suffer "cold feet" on the launch field ...
... will not be given a refund. Where circumstances are beyond a client’s control, consideration will be given. Refunds are at the discretion of the operator.
Mandatory Insurance Charge
A mandatory aviation insurance charge of $30 p.p. is payable directly to the operator on the day of the flight.
Please note: Depending on many operational factors, which vary each day, passengers may be on the ground or in the balloon when the sun is actually coming over the horizon or rising, either way you will still see an amazing dawn.
On occasion, the flight time may be two separate, sequential 30 minute flights taken one directly after the other with a short changeover in between the two flights, depending on operational restrictions. Passengers will be notified the day prior should this be the case on the day of your flight.
Looking for a shorter hot air balloon flight?