Hobart Sea Kayaking Tour – Cliffs, Caves and Beaches: Enjoy a relaxed kayaking experience exploring Hobart’s diverse Derwent River and coast line. You will be kayaking through the stunning Tinderbox Marine Nature Reserve, just 20 minutes from Hobart’s CBD.
Hobart Sea Kayaking Tour Highlights
- Relaxed sea kayaking
- Kayaking in the Tinderbox Marine Nature Reserve
- Seeing wild animals and birdlife
- Explore sea caves and visit quiet beaches
- Enjoy a provided lunch of local produce
The Hobart Sea Kayaking Tour will have you kayaking amongst peaceful, quiet bays and beneath the lichen-covered Alum Cliffs. You can explore sea caves and enjoy views of Bruny Island and leave your footprints on some of Hobart’s sandy beaches. For lunch, you will be served some of Tasmania’s famous produce whilst relaxing on one of our many beautiful beaches.
Abundant wildlife abounds in the Tinderbox Marine Reserve home so keep a look out for majestic white-bellied sea eagles, stingrays, seals and if we’re lucky a pod of dolphins or a migrating whale.
This full-day sea kayaking tour is operated in a one-way direction, depending on the forecast winds. The Hobart Sea Kayaking Tour is a relaxed and easy paddle, so we recommend it for beginners and children over 10 years old (when accompanied by an adult).
What is supplied
- Return transport from Hobart.
- Passionate and experienced local guides.
- Stable double sea kayaks.
- All kayaking equipment, warm all-weather protection gear.
- Lunch & refreshments.
Fitness and experience
- Reasonable physical fitness is required, you will be required to paddle for 4–5 hours
- Kayaking experience is not required, ideal for beginners
- Suitable for ages over 10 years.
- Children 10–16 yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
What to bring and wear
- Hat, sunglasses, water.
- Comfortable quick-drying clothes suitable for the weather.
- Shoes that can get wet (or we can supply you with a pair of wetsuit booties)
- Change of clothes for the trip home.
- Departs Hobart: 9am every Sunday
- Tours run November to April.
- Allow 7 hours for the tour
- Paddling time is 4 to 5 hours.
- Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre, 20 Davey Street, Hobart
Why not check out our other kayaking tours