Hobart Kayak Tour: This is a 2.5-hour kayaking tour of Hobart's picturesque harbour and working waterfront. You’ll glide past prestigious homes, get up close to Hobart’s wooden tall sailing ships, peer through crystal-clear water at native sea stars. We’ll also paddle past any visiting cruise ships when they are in, and think of the photo opportunities of Hobart from this unique perspective.
If the paddle gods are shining on us we may spot Sammy the resident seal and pod of dolphins that call this area home.
We conclude the kayak tour with some of Hobart’s locally caught fish and chips from the city’s famed floating fish punts. Enjoy them with the best view in town – straight from your kayak!
This Hobart Kayak Tour requires no kayaking experience and is suitable for younger paddlers who can team up with an adult or one of our guides.
Hobart Kayak Tour
- Kayaking on Hobart’s picturesque harbour.
- Up close with wooden tall ships.
- Crystal-clear waterways.
- Fish and chips from the floating fish punts.
- Our passionate and experienced local guides.
- Stable double sea kayaks.
- All kayaking equipment.
- Warm all-weather protection gear.
- Fish and chips.
What to Bring
- Hat, sunglasses.
- Comfortable casual clothes.
- A bottle of water.
- 10am and 4pm every day – November to March.
- 10am every day – April and October.
- Does not run from May – September
- 2.5 hours with approximately 2 hours of kayaking.
- Children 7 years+
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children also must share a kayak with an adult or guide.
- Child price range 7-16 years.*
Departure and Finish Point
- Marieville Esplanade, Sandy Bay.
Numbers on the day
- There could be up to 16 other kayakers with you.
- Because of the nature of kayaking, please be aware that you may get a little wet.
- All participants will be required to sign a disclaimer.
NOTE: Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Other Kayaking tours that could interest you include