Half Day Kayaking Tour, St Kilda, Melbourne: Why not spend a few hours kayaking past beautiful beaches, Melbourne's cityscape views, ferries and lots of maritime movement. You'll see Melbourne from a unique perspective as you enjoy the outdoors sea kayaking from St Kilda. This tour is a sampler of what sea kayaking is like with out getting too tired and still having fun. If you've ever wanted to find out if sea kayaking would suit you then this is a great starter.
Half Day Kayaking Tour at St Kilda
- Half day sea kayaking tour
- Views to the Melbourne CBD
- Lunch and drinks provided on the beach
St Kilda is a lively coastal Melbourne town, rich in maritime and port history. Observe the cityscape, paddle close to yachts and ferries, see penguins along the break water while taking in views of St Kilda and Port Melbourne.
To enjoy your sea kayaking adventure you must be reasonably active and over 16 years of age. You should not consider this activity if you currently suffer form a bad back, have any broken arms and legs, wrist injuries or dislocated shoulders. You must be able to swim 50m non stop.
You will need to sign an indemnity form and medical form before commencing the sea kayaking trip. Dry bags are supplied for camera equipment and mobile phones. All staff have a sea kayaking guide or instructors qualification, level 2 first aid or wilderness first aid and at least 5 years experience.
The strength of the wind can affect wave and swell size so your kayaking trip is weather dependant. Trips will be cancelled if the forecast is 20 knots or above. Our staff will contact you 2 days before hand to confirm the trip. Cancelled trips will be rescheduled at a later date.
Kayaking Skill Required:
- Beginner and up.
- All equipment.
- Experienced guide.
- Lunch and drinks.
- The St Kilda Kayaking Trip lasts 3 hours.
- Tour time is 10.00am to 1.30 pm.
- The trips are available every 2 to 4 weeks with the most popular months being October to April.
Numbers on the day:
- We operate with a minimum of 4 and maximum of 12.
- You will need to sign an indemnity form and medical form before commencing the trip.
- Dry bags are supplied for camera equipment and mobile phones.
- All our staff are qualified and have a First Aid certificate and at least 5 years experience.