Family Whitewater Rafting from Coffs Harbour for a Half Day: Designed especially for the younger members of the family, this is a half day (very mild) white water rafting adventure. Aimed at families with children younger than 14 years of age where the whitewater rapids we raft in are grade 1– 2 and very safe. This is the half day option ideal for younger ones who may tire spending a whole day on the river.
Half Day Family Whitewater Rafting Trip
- Family rafting on the mighty Nymboida River
- Facing grade 1–2 rapids (very mild)
Family Whitewater Rafting Season:
- Sept 01 – April 30, if water levels are suitable for rafting.
- A winter rafting trip can be organised for 4 or more people
- Wetsuit, raincoat/spray jacket, Thermal top, PFD, Helmet
- Super friendly professional guides
What to bring:
- Shoes “water shoes” / Wetsuit booties / or old sandshoes (these need to be lace-up, zip or velcro – no slip-on shoes)
- Longboard shorts quick-dry pants to stop sunburn
- Cap with a visor to wear under a helmet, to keep the sun off the face
- Set of dry clothes for when you get off the river
- Food, snacks and water (drinks)
- No age limits, this is designed for a family experience
- The weather on the river, at certain times of the year, can be unpredictable.
- The rafting guide reserves the right to cancel tours, without advanced notice, at their discretion when the weather or river conditions dictate.
Facilities on the day:
- Toilets are available at the departure & arrival points on the Nymboida River.
- There are no toilet facilities available during the rafting trip.
- Allow 3 hours for this rafting experience
Getting to the river:
- Take your own vehicle and spend extra time by the river.
- Buccarumbi… https://www.google.com/maps/@-29.834287,152.5879093,17z
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING
The Nymboida River is a 'natural' flow river which means the weather dictates the rafting trips.
Before booking please make sure you read and understand the below.
For a trip to go ahead there needs to be a minimum of 4 people. If your group size is less than 4 you can either join a group or enquire about starting a new booking with your preferred date.
Once there are 4+ people the guides will confirm the trip. You will receive a ‘pre-arrival’ email (waiver) – please check your spam folder. Each person must fill out this form before the trip commencement date. Any customers who have not completed the waiver form will not be allowed to go on the trip.
On Confirmation – your trip will still be pending
After receiving your 'confirmation' your trip will still show as confirmed, however your trip may still not go ahead due to the following:
- River Heights – too high or too low. The guides will try to give as much information as soon as they know themselves and sometimes they won't know until the morning of your trip.
- There is a chance we will drive to the river and cancel the trip on arrival due to no electronic river gauge in the area. This is very rare!
- Natural Parks Closure – this is out of our control. They usually give the guides 24 hours notice however also not limited to.
- Raft Guides – availability of guides. Raft Guides are seasonal workers and also hold down other full time employment.
- The guides hold the right to cancel your trip. If they cancelled your trip you will have the opportunity to change dates or be given a full refund. Break Loose nor the guides will not be responsible for (paying compensation) on your accommodation due to cancellation.
- If you cancel 24 hours before the trip no refund is given
- If you cancel 48 hours before the trip 50% is refunded
- Cancel anytime after 48 hours a 12% admin fee will not be refunded
- Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Other Nymboida River Rafting trips include:
- Whitewater Rafting Nymboida River, Coffs Harbour, 1 Day
- Extreme Whitewater Rafting on the Nymboida River, 1 Day
- 2 Day Nymboida River Whitewater Rafting Adventure, Coffs Harbour