Green Island Half Day Tour, Cairns QLD: Board a fast catamaran for a 45 minute cruise from Cairns to Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef. Green Island is a coral cay on the reef. Its white sandy beaches offer the allure of blue waters and coral reef to explore. It is an ideal location to enjoy snorkelling or investigating the reef on a glass bottom boat. Once on Green Island you'll have a little over 2 hours to investigate the rainforest and wildlife, snorkel and search for Green Turtles and other tropical marine life. Ideal for families or if you are time poor but still want to explore a part of the Great Barrier Reef. On the island you can visit Green Island Resort where you can use the facilities including fresh water showers, change rooms, restrooms and lockers.
Green Island Half Day Tour
- Travelling onboard a modern, air conditioned vessel
- Visiting Green Island, a beautiful coal cay island
- Snorkelling on the island
Snorkelling or Glass Bottom Boat tour:
- Your Green Island Half Day Tour includes use of snorkelling gear or a tour on the glass bottom boat.
- A Snorkelling and safety presentation is given on board the vessel.
- Snorkelling is undertaken at your own leisure, directly from the beach.
- A life guard is on duty in the flagged area at the northern beach.
- There is a small fee for hire for the flotation vests and lycra suits.
- Basic snorkelling gear is provided.
What is included:
- Half day cruise to Green Island
- Snorkelling gear to use on the island OR a Glass bottom boat tour
Meeting Point and Check-in:
- Check in at least 30 mins prior to boarding at The Reef Fleet Terminal.
- Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence St, Cairns City
- Please present your Break Loose voucher in exchange for a boarding pass.
What to Bring:
- A towel, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and swimwear.
- Also, cash for drinks, snacks or souvenirs you may want to buy.
- Credit cards are accepted at most shops at the Island however surcharges may apply.
- The Green Island Half Day Tour is suitable for people of all ages.
- Children under 4 years of age are classed as infants.
- Infants a free however you still need to add them to your booking for boat passenger numbers.
- Child* 4–14yrs
- Infant 0–4yrs
- Family** rate is for 2 Adults and 2 children
- In the event of poor weather your Green Island Half Day Tour can be moved to the next suitable day, subject to availability and with 48 hours notice.
- In the rare event weather is too bad to travel and you are unable to reschedule, a full refund will be provided.
- If you fail to show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- 100% refunds given if cancellation received & acknowledged by operator 48+ hours
- Cancellations are non refundable within 24 hours of trip.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.
- Refunds are paid if tour is cancelled by the operator.
- These are the conditions imposed by the operator.