Green Island Full Day Cruise with Buffet Lunch, Cairns QLD: Spend an amazing day on Green Island, a coral cove an hour off the Queensland coast near Cairns. You'll travel out to Green Island on a modern catamaran. Once there you can spend the day snorkeling, walking around the island and through the rainforest on raised boardwalks. You have access to Green Island Resort and its facilities include fresh water showers, change rooms, restrooms and lockers. Of course you are welcome to use relax on the beautiful white beach and take in the sun. Optional activities include Semi-Submarine Tour, a Snorkel Experience Tour. There are also scuba diving options available at the resort. All extra activities are organized on the way out to Green Island.
Snorkeling on the island is wonderful. There is a huge variety of sea life to watch including giant clams, starfish, shells, anemones, and an abundance of tropical fish. You may even see a Green Turtle swim past. Snorkeling equipment is included if you choose this option, or you can take part in a Glass Bottom Boat tour if you decide you don't want to get wet. Either snorkeling or the Glass Bottom Boat tour are included in the price of your ticket. The Green Island Full Day Cruise is ideal for both swimmers and non swimmers.
Buffet Lunch included
A delicious buffet lunch is served aboard ‘Big Cat’ at Green Island between 11.15am – 1.15pm. There is also a licensed bar on board offering refreshments throughout the day. Vegetarian/Vegan/Gluten Free lunch options are available.
Green Island Full Day Cruise with Buffet Lunch
- Travelling onboard a modern, air conditioned vessel
- Visiting Green Island, a beautiful coal cay island
- Buffet lunch
- Snorkelling on the coral reef surrounding the island
- Investigating the rainforest on the island
Snorkelling or Glass Bottom Boat tour:
- Your Green Island Half Day Tour includes use of snorkelling gear or a tour on the glass bottom boat.
- A Snorkelling and safety presentation is given on board the vessel.
- Snorkelling is undertaken at your own leisure, directly from the beach.
- A life guard is on duty in the flagged area at the northern beach.
- There is a small fee for hire for the flotation vests and lycra suits.
- Basic snorkelling gear is provided.
What is included:
- Cruise to Green Island by catamaran
- You'll spend 5hrs 30mins on Green Island
- FREE choice of snorkelling gear or a glass bottom boat tour
- Snorkelling demonstration & reef presentation en route to Green Island
- Use of the vessel during time at island as an air-conditioned base
- Island rainforest boardwalks
- Buffet lunch back at the vessel
Optional Extras booked on the day:
- Semi-Submersible Boat Tour
- Snorkel Experience Tour
- Snorkel Safari Tour
- Lycra Suits & Flotation vests
- All extras are available for purchase on the day of travel
Meeting Point and Check-in:
- Cruises depart from the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal at 9am and return at 5pm.
- Check-in commences from 8.15am
- Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence St, Cairns City
- Please present your Break Loose voucher in exchange for a boarding pass.
What to Bring:
- A towel, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and swimwear.
- Also, cash for drinks, snacks or souvenirs you may want to buy.
- Credit cards are accepted at most shops at the Island however surcharges may apply.
- The Green Island Full Day Cruise is suitable for people of all ages.
- Children under 4 years of age are classed as infants.
- Infants a free however you still need to add them to your booking for boat passenger numbers.
- Child* 4–14yrs
- Infant 0–4yrs
- Family** rate is for 2 Adults and 2 children
- In the event of poor weather your Green Island Full Day Cruise can be moved to the next suitable day, subject to availability and with 48 hours notice.
- In the rare event weather is too bad to travel and you are unable to reschedule, a full refund will be provided.
- If you fail to show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- 100% refunds given if cancellation received & acknowledged by operator 48+ hours
- Cancellations are non refundable within 24 hours of trip.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.
- Refunds are paid if tour is cancelled by the operator.
- These are the conditions imposed by the operator.