Great White Shark Cage Diving, Port Lincoln: South Australia is the premier shark diving location in Australia and this 1 day Shark Cage Diving experience is an Australian First. Departing from Port Lincoln, South Australia this shark diving experience is ideal for people with limited time or budget and best of all NO diver qualification is required! We board the boat at 6.30am, throw the rope off at 7am, and return approximately by 7pm.
You will enjoy the 2.5 hour journey to the Neptune Islands, often accompanied by pods of dolphins & even the odd whale in season aboard our 65' very comfortable new vessel 'MV Calypso Star 2'.
Once the bait hits the water, then the action begins!! We often have had Great Whites around the boat before hanging back on the anchor.
We have often had Great White sharks around the Calypso Star before dropping the anchor. You and 7 other guests enter the spacious cage leaving plenty of room for prime shark viewing! You will have the opportunity to experience approximately 45 minutes of face to face cage viewing with these amazing Great White sharks. Please note this time can vary and will depend on the shark activity and weather on the day.
Great White Shark Cage Diving
- 2.5 hour ocean trip to the shark location
- Cage diving with Great White Sharks
- Close encounters with these majestic creatures
- Fully Government Licensed & Eco Certified
- Neptune Islands Marine Park
What to Bring:
- Personal Toiletries: Including own towel.
- Your Camera: Don’t forget the charger cords and a spare memory card. GoPros can be hired on board.
- Comfortable clothing: Remember to pack some warm clothes as it can get chilly on the water (even in summer) A warm jacket is a must in winter; Rain Coats are available for use on board. Our Vessel has reverse cycle air-conditioning for your comfort.
- Sunglasses: polarized sunglasses make it easier to see into the water and spot the sharks.
- Soft-soled shoes: Please leave your heavy work boots at home.
Nepturne Island Marine Park
- $37.90 FEE NOW INCLUDED IN PRICE
- 8 years and above can enter the shark cage.*
- Children under 8 years can only enter the water at the Skippers discretion on the day.
- Child prices are for ages 16 & under.*
- Book a child under 8 years as a spectator and if they are permitted to dive the $100 dive upgrade is payable on the day.
- All children under the age of 16 require adult supervision at all times.
- Any guest under the age of 18 needs to have their waiver form signed by a parent or guardian.
Diving Experience Needed:
- None! You need no diving experience to participate in the Great White Shark Cage Diving experience.
- Allow approx 10 hours for this experience.
What is Supplied:
- Wetsuits, masks, snorkels, fins, hood, boots, gloves.
- As well as breakfast, we provide you with morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, plus coffee/tea and filtered water, all included.
- Soft drinks and bottled water are available for purchase on-board.
Numbers on the Day:
- Maximum guests on the vessel is 45
- There are no minimum numbers.
What time do we meet:
- Please meet from 6am at the office: 3/10 South Quay Boulevard (blue fronted building).
- All guests are required to be at the office by 6.20am.
- Generally we will return around 6pm but we have returned as late as 9pm.
- We cannot guarantee arrival back to Port Lincoln to catch flights the evening of your charter.
No Liability will be accepted for injury sickness, loss or damage however caused. Break Loose & Calypso Star Charters highly recommends that travellers take out traveller's insurance as we will not be responsible for any delays that may cause loss of travel arrangements.
Why not incorporate a Sea Lion swim as well?