Great Barrier Reef Snorkelling and MOUA Trip: Join MV Adrenalin for this 1 Day snorkelling trip out to the Central Section of the Great Barrier Reef off Townsville Queensland. The Central Section is a little further off the coast than other locations. Be inspired by the wonder of the Museum of Underwater Art (MOUA).But because of this, you'll find some of the best snorkelling sites of the whole Great Barrier Reef there.
Great Barrier Reef Snorkelling Trip
- Snorkelling on the MOUA and surrounding Reef
- Swimming with a large range of aquatic wildlife
- Professional guides
Snorkel the MOUA
As the first of its kind in the Southern hemisphere, MOUA will act to highlight reef conservation, restoration, and education on a global scale. The site located on John Brewer Reef is rich in history, with a strong connection to our indigenous culture and marine tourism.
The Coral Greenhouse – first submerged building design by world-class artist Jason deCaires Taylor is is a bucket list trip no one should miss! The greenhouse, which many people think of as glass walls filled with fruit or flowers instead boasts a beautiful mix of art and science. Trees, life-like sculptures, and coral gardens make this staggering 72m structure a wonderland for divers.
With plenty of reef nearby to explore and depths ranging from 1 to 20 metres, it is ideal for snorkelers, beginner and experienced divers. On the reef, schools of bait fish are common as well as an abundance of colourful reef fish including Parrot fish, Maori wrasse, Clown fish, Angel fish. Turtles, Stingrays, White tip, and Black tip reef sharks are often sighted.
Is a 14-metre custom built vessel, with fully shaded areas, sun deck, stabilisers, toilet, shower, along with easy access in & out of the water.
- Full day trip to the Great Barrier Reef
- Learning about the reef eco system
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Tropical lunch
- Iced water, cordial, tea and coffee throughout the day
- Demonstrations and instructions on snorkeling techniques
- All snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins and full length suit)
- All EMC’s (Environmental Management Charges) and Mooring fees
- Experienced, Professional, Fun and Safe crew with a passion for the marine environment
- Experience the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef
- 9 hours
- 7.30 am until 4.30pm (4.00pm for Magnetic Island drop off)
- You can board the vessel from either Townsville or Magnetic Island, it’s your choice!
- Townsville – Breakwater Marina off The Strand at 7.00 am
- Magnetic Island – Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal at 7.30 am
- Snorkelling minimum age is 6 years.
- Child snorkelling rate 6–12 years.
What should you bring?
- Swimwear, towel, sunscreen, hat
- A warm jumper or wind/waterproof jacket is recommended in winter (May – September)
- You might want to bring a camera
Operator Cancellation & COVID Policy:
- 20% with 14 days’ – 48 hours’ notice
- 100% with less than 48 hours’ notice
- Reschedule fee:
- Day trips: 20% with less than 14 days’ notice
COVID19: Please be advised that from December 2021 all guests must provide proof of full vaccination prior to travel. A failure to do so will forfeit the right to travel. No refund will be issued.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.