Great Barrier Reef Snorkelling Trip: Join MV Adrenalin for this 1 Day snorkelling trip out to the Central Section of the Great Barrier Reef off Townsville Queensland. The Central Section is a little further off the coast than other locations. But because of this, you'll find some of the best snorkelling sites of the whole Great Barrier Reef there.
Great Barrier Reef Snorkelling Trip
- Snorkelling on Lodestone Reef
- Swimming with a large range of aquatic wildlife
- Professional guides
The target reef for the days snorkelling tour is Lodestone Reef. This reef is chosen for its diversity of sites, great coral cover, fish life and reasonable protection.
Some sites feature large coral bommies with white coral sand sea floors. Other sites offer large gutters running through the coral occupied by hundreds of reef fish, and colourful coral walls occupied by innumerable marine animals in crystal clear water. We choose the best sites based on the conditions of the day.
Depths at Lodestone range from 1 metre to 20 metres making it ideal for snorkelers.
Expect to see...
- Big schools of Trevally
- Parrot fish
- Maori wrasse
- Clown fish
- Angel fish
- And White tip and Blacktip reef sharks often sighted.
Is a 14-metre custom built vessel, with fully shaded areas, sun deck, stabilisers, toilet, shower, along with easy access in & out of the water.
- Full day trip to the Great Barrier Reef
- Learning about the reef eco system
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Tropical lunch
- Iced water, cordial, tea and coffee throughout the day
- Demonstrations and instructions on snorkeling techniques
- All snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins and full length suit)
- All EMC’s (Environmental Management Charges) and Mooring fees
- Experienced, Professional, Fun and Safe crew with a passion for the marine environment
- Experience the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef
- 9 hours
- 7.30 am until 4.30pm (4.00pm for Magnetic Island drop off)
- You can board the vessel from either Townsville or Magnetic Island, it’s your choice!
- Townsville – Breakwater Marina off The Strand at 7.00 am
- Magnetic Island – Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal at 7.30 am
- Snorkelling minimum age is 6 years.
- Child snorkelling rate 6–12 years.
What should you bring?
- Swimwear, towel, sunscreen, hat
- A warm jumper or wind/waterproof jacket is recommended in winter (May – September)
- You might want to bring a camera
Operator Cancellation Policy:
- 20% with 14 days’ – 48 hours’ notice
- 100% with less than 48 hours’ notice
- Reschedule fee:
- Day trips: 20% with less than 14 days’ notice
You may be interested in ...