Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Trip, Port Douglas QLD: Join a dedicated snorkelling trip to Opal Reef, on the Great Barrier Reef. This is a wonderful experience with much of the reef’s colour and marine life visible within a couple of metres of the water’s surface. Regardless of your skill level, snorkelling offers all swimmers the opportunity to see what such a diverse eco-system Opal Reef offers.
You'll float effortlessly over rich, colourful coral gardens teeming with life. Watch clownfish swim amongst sea anemone, see beautiful green turtles swim by. Giant clams, stingrays, Maori Wrasse, colourful parrotfish and hundreds of other reef species go about their lives amongst the pristine coral reef.
Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Trip
- Snorkelling on Opal Reef
- Amazing corals and marine life
- A day on the Great Barrier Reef
About our vessel
The vessel is custom designed, offering the very best in comfort with spacious decks, day-bed style seating, air-conditioned saloons and submerged platforms, extending the width of the vessel, to allow for easy access in and out of the water.
- Minimum age for the Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Trip is 4 years.
- Child* 4–14 years
What is included:
- All snorkelling equipment including lycra suits, wetsuits, prescription masks and flotation devices.
- Guided snorkel tours & an interpretive reef talk
- Morning tea, buffet lunch and afternoon tea
- Reef levy fee
- Tea, coffee and filtered water are available all day
- Amenities & fresh water showers
What to Bring and Wear
- Wear casual clothes
- Swimwear and a towel
- A hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Bring your certification card
- Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Trip visits 3 outer sites daily, leaving from Crystalbrook Marina, Port Douglas.
- You'll spend approx. 4–5 hours on the reefs
- Departs 8.45 am and returns 4.30 pm
- Transfers from your Port Douglas accommodation is included but there is limited availability.
- Bus Transfers from Cairns, Palm Cove & Cairns Northern Beaches are at an additional cost paid to operator.
Numbers on the day:
- An average of 50 people on the vessel at any one time
- Can swell to 85 people in peak season
On days with low passenger numbers or unsuitable weather conditions, it may be necessary to move people between Agincourt and Opal Reefs. On the rare occasions that this occurs we will pick the tour and locations that will provide the best possible outer reef experience. It may not be possible to provide notice prior to traveling.
- If you fail to show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- 100% refunds given if cancellation received & acknowledged by operator 48+ hours
- Cancellations are non refundable within 24 hours of trip.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.
- Refunds are paid if tour is cancelled by the operator.
- These are the conditions imposed by the operator.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Looking for a Certified Dive Trip?