Great Barrier Reef Scuba Diving Day Trip for Certified Divers: Certified Divers* can join MV Adrenalin for this 1 Day scuba diving trip out to the Central Section of the Great Barrier Reef off Townsville Queensland. The Central Section is a little further off the coast that other locations. But because of this, you'll find some of the best scuba diving sites of the whole Great Barrier Reef there. Certified divers and a buddy can enjoy 2 dives on the reef. If you are by yourself you can dive with one of the experienced dive guides for a small fee.
Great Barrier Reef Scuba Diving Day Trip
- 2 Scuba Dives on Lodestone Reef
- Swimming with a large range of aquatic wildlife
- Wonderful corals
- Professional guides
- Great food
The target reef for the days scuba diving tour is Lodestone Reef. This reef is chosen for its diversity of sites, great coral cover, fish life and reasonable protection.
Some sites feature large coral bommies with white coral sand sea floors. Other sites offer large gutters running through the coral occupied by hundreds of reef fish, and colourful coral walls occupied by innumerable marine animals in crystal clear water. We choose the best sites based on the conditions of the day.
Depths at Lodestone range from 1 metre to 20 metres making it ideal for scuba diving.
Expect to see...
- Big schools of Trevally
- Parrot fish
- Maori wrasse
- Clown fish
- Angel fish
- And Whitetip and Blacktip reef sharks often sighted.
MV Adrenaline: is a 14-metre custom built vessel, with fully shaded areas, sun deck, stabilisers, toilet, shower, along with easy access in & out of the water.
Dive Certification Card*:
- You must present your Dive Certification Card when boarding the boat so please don’t forget it.
- If you are not a PADI, NAUI or SSI diver you will need to provide some proof of your certification.
- CMAS, BSAC, RAID divers must bring and show certification cards as there is no other way to check!
- Travelling by yourself? Not a problem. The crew on board will find a dive buddy for you on the day trying to match your skill level as much as possible.
- You can also dive with one of the experienced dive guides for $10 each dive. This is paid for onboard.
- Full day trip to the Great Barrier Reef
- Learning about the reef eco system
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Tropical lunch
- Iced water, cordial, tea and coffee throughout the day
- Demonstrations and instructions on snorkeling techniques
- Tanks and weights are included in the trip price.
- All EMC’s (Environmental Management Charges) and Mooring fees
- Experienced, Professional, Fun and Safe crew with a passion for the marine environment
- Experience the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef
Wet Suit Recommendation:
- Summer – full length suit to 3mm (October to April)
- Winter – full length up to 5mm suit (April to September). If you feel the cold bring a vest or hood for extra warmth.
- Gear Hire: Full gear is available for hire – BCD, regulator, dive computer, wetsuit.
- 9 hours
- 7.30 am until 4.30pm (4.00pm for Magnetic Island drop off)
- You can board the vessel from either Townsville or Magnetic Island, it’s your choice!
- Townsville – Breakwater Marina off The Strand at 7.00 am
- Magnetic Island – Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal at 7.30 am
- Scuba diving minimum age is 12 years.
- Teenage prices 12–15 yrs
What should you bring?
- Swimwear, towel, sunscreen, hat
- A warm jumper or wind/waterproof jacket is recommended in winter (May – September)
- You might want to bring a camera
- Certified divers generally do not need a dive medical.
- If you have a history of medical condition which is not appropriate for diving (i.e. asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, heart or lung disorders) you will need to provide a medical certificate stating you are fit to dive.
Operator Cancellation Policy:
- 20% with 14 days’ – 48 hours’ notice
- 100% with less than 48 hours’ notice
- Reschedule fee:
- Day trips: 20% with less than 14 days’ notice
Some images © Achim Wetz Photography.