Grampians Rock Adventure, Climbing and Abseiling for Beginners: Known as one of Victoria's best locations for rock climbing and abseiling, the Grampians is an ideal location to try rock climbing and abseiling all in one go. This is a family friendly 3 hour experience provided by professional guides designed to give you a taste of both sports. Your learn the basics of rock climbing while ascending some pretty amazing crags. Then its onto abseiling heights from 8 metres to 30 metres, there's something for everyone!
If you've wanted to try climbing or abseiling and don’t know where to start, then the Grampians Rock Adventure is for you. Set in our exclusive location with views over Halls Gap and the beautiful Grampians mountains, this is an activity you’ll be talking about for years to come.
Grampians Rock Adventure
- Abseiling and rock climbing near Halls Gap
- Descend natural cliff faces up to 30 metres deep
- Climbing rock walls up to 25 metres
- Support from the professional guides
The 3 hour Grampians Rock Adventure is ideal for any ability or age. Your guides pride themselves on the ability to adapt and deliver a great experience for anyone who is willing.
- The Grampians Rock Adventure runs on selected dates. Check our calendar for dates.
- Don't see a date you'd like? Contact us and see if we can organise a date for you. Minimum numbers apply.
What is Supplied:
- 3 hour abseiling and climbing in the Grampians National Park
- Experienced and qualified abseiling guides
- All required safety equipment
What to Bring and Wear:
- Activewear appropriate that will not restrict movement
- Footwear should be either runners or light hiking shoes
- Open-toed shoes, sandals or thongs are not permitted
- You'll meet at the Absolute Outdoors shop front, 105 Grampians Rd, Halls Gap to check-in.
- Sessions are typically run within 10 minutes drive from the shop and staff will provide you with directions upon check-in.
- Approximately 3 hours in duration.
- Session times 9:30 am and 1:30 pm daily (subject to minimum bookings and weather.)
- A reasonable level of fitness is required
- If you have any physical restrictions that may affect your ability to participate please advise at the time of booking
- This activity is not suitable for pregnant women
- No abseiling experience is necessary
- All minors (under 18 years of age) participating must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Participation by the parent/guardian is encouraged but not required.
- Abseiling and rock climbing are a weather dependent activity.
- Your guides reserve the right to reschedule or cancel this activity if the it is deem the weather conditions to be unsafe to operate.
- This could be due to (but not limited to) wind, heat, rain or electrical activity. If the tour is cancelled, an alternate date will be organised with you.
Numbers on the Day:
- The Grampians Rock Adventure runs with a minimum of two participants (or four on a public holiday) and a maximum of 12 participants.
- Your guides reserve the right to cancel an activity if minimum numbers are not met on the day.
COVID-19 Vaccine mandate
Under current government mandates, all participants in our activities over the age of 16 must be fully vaccinated at the time of their session. Proof of vaccination or a valid exemption will be required to be shown at check-in prior to your session.
- If you can't make your activity/tour for any reason, your guides will try to reschedule to another date – subject to minimum numbers and weather.
- If rescheduling is not possible the following refund policy applies:
- Cancellations within 7 days of activity: No refund possible.
- Cancellations between after 7 days of activity: 50% refund.
- Cancellations greater than 14 days ahead of activity: Full refund less a 20% administration fee.
- If you fail to show on the day, no refund is possible.