This Grampians NP Walking Holiday takes you into the heart of this amazing National Park. Covering 168,000 hectares the Grampians National Park is renowned for its outstanding mountainous scenery, a million years in the making. A fully guided multi-day walking experience where everything is taken care of for you. This means you won’t be asked to carry your overnight bags for the entire experience. No tents, no sleeping bags or food. All is catered for. All you will carry each day is some water, your camera and lunch. Your guides are locals who are passionate, well trained and enthusiastic with the ability to bring to life a depth of information about this special location.
Grampians NP Walking Holiday, 3 Days, Pack Free
- Seeing the very best the Grampians has to offer.
- Not having to carry an 65 litre backpack all day!
- Comfortable accommodation and great food.
On this 3 day walking experience you will explore the striking weathered peaks and escarpments, towering rock formations draped with rich forests, cascading waterfalls and fern filled gorges. Delight in the abundant bird and wildlife and 800 indigenous plant species, 20 of which are found nowhere else in the world and admire the ancient indigenous rock art, with this region having the largest number of rock art sites in southern Australia.
- A Pack Free fully supported walk – with no overnight packs to carry
- 2 nights in modern cabins at Halls Gap
- Celebratory Lunch on day 3
- 2 delicious lunches to enjoy whilst walking
- Superb dinners served with superb regional wines
- 2 x Hot and Cold breakfasts
- Fresh fruit and trail mix to enjoy while walking
- Professionally guided by local guides
- Transfers to and from Melbourne CBD
You'll be staying for two nights in Halls Gap overlooking the stunning lake and mountains. Modern 2 bedrooms cabins equipped with a kitchen, lounge room, bathroom, king bed in the main room and twin beds or king bed in the second room. Not a tent in sight!
Single Supplement: If you are after your own room you will need to pay a single supplement cost. Single supplement guests will share a 2 bedroom cabin with their own room.
Each night you'll dine at a local restaurant where Australian wines will be served with dinner.
Day 1 – Chatauqua Peak Loop Walk
You meet your guide at 7.30am at The Langham Melbourne for transfers to The Grampians (approx 3 hours). Your first walk takes us on the Chatauqua Peak Walk passing through beautiful ferny glades and stringybark forest to the foot of Clematis Falls. Look out for echidnas on the way as well as flocks of cockatoos rising from the trees. The views from the top of Chatauqua Peak are stunning allowing you to see views of the Eastern side of the Grampians all the way down to the Halls Gap Valley as well as the peaks on the Western side. (Note: the last 100m to the peak involves rock scrambling, for those who do not want to partake in this there are still good views). From here we transfer to our accommodation in Halls Gap. Tonight we enjoy dinner in a local restaurant featuring local produce perfectly matched with superb regional wines. A wonderful way to finish the day.
STATISTICS: 7.2kms. 3 hours walking with breaks. Medium Grade 3 walks.
TERRAIN: The track is steep in parts, with a total climb of 390m. Max elevation: 393m. Min elevation 237m. Some basic climbing over rocks is required about 150m from the top to reach the best views.
Day 2 – Wonderland Walk – Grand Canyon – Pinnacles
Enjoy a hot breakfast featuring regional produce before we head out walking. Today’s walk is rated as one of the best walks of the Grampians. We explore the timeless landscapes of weird and wonderful shaped sandstone rock which has been shaped by wind and rain over millions of years such as Elephants Hide and the impressive Grand Canyon. Walk through lush vegetation and in the springtime bursts of colourful wildflowers can be seen and take in the tranquillity and beauty of Splitters and Bridal Veil Falls. We reach the peak of The Pinnacle, one of the rocky spurs jutting out from the jagged cliff faces of the mountains to take in astounding views over the entire Grampians and beautiful Lake Bellfield. Afterwards, we return to our accommodation for some relaxation time before a wonderful dinner in a local restaurant served with wine.
STATISTICS: 10kms. 5 hours walking. Medium Grade.
TERRAIN: A mix of a steady continuous ascent with some steeper sections. Some steep descents also. Clear and well maintained trail with constructed steps and stairs. Some walking on uneven, rocky terrain. Elevation 280m.
Day 3 – Fish Falls – McKenzie Falls with Celebratory Lunch
This morning enjoy a hearty breakfast before setting out on our last day of walking. Today’s walk will take us through a gorge showcasing the two stunning waterfalls of Fish Falls and MacKenzie Falls. Walk through deep gullies as the trail follows the river downstream until we reach the dramatic multi-tiered Fish Falls. Enjoy time taking in the peace and tranquillity of this area before we continue on to the bigger and more powerful 40 metres high MacKenzie Falls. After our walk, we head to a local establishment for a wonderful celebratory lunch. From here we return to Melbourne at the end of a wonderful journey.
STATISTICS: 7kms. 3 hours. Medium.
TERRAIN: This walk involves crossing shallow waters, scrambling over rocks and some slippery track surfaces but nothing challenging. The walk down to McKenzies Falls is steep and the path can be slippery. There are constructed steps and stairs.
You'll finish your walking holiday at approximately 6.00pm when we transfer you back to your start point at The Langham Melbourne.
- The Grampians NP Walking Holiday takes place over 3 days.
- This trip is designed to be personal and intimate with a maximum group size of 12 people.
Fitness and Ages:
- Walkers must be in good health and be moderately fit in order to undertake the Grampians NP Walking Holiday. Some training and preparation work is required prior to departure. The more physically prepared you are, the more enjoyable your walk will be.
- Walkers 80 years of age or older must supply a doctor’s certificate stating that they are in good physical condition and that there are no pre-existing medical conditions that are likely to prevent them from undertaking the walk.
- Our age limit is for children aged 8+.
- Cancellations must be made in writing (not SMS).
- Notice of cancellation is not effective until received by Break Loose.
- Must be made during office hours and do not include weekends or public holidays.
- If you cancel some or all portions of your booking cancellation fees will apply.
- If you cancel a trip the following fees apply.
60 days or more. Loss of $300 deposit per person
30 – 59 days: Loss of 50% of tour fare
0 – 29 days: Loss of 100% of tour fare.
The taking out of cancellation insurance at the time of booking which cover cancellation fees is compulsory and you will provide evidence of such insurance if so required by the company.
If you do not complete a tour and leave for any reason after it has commenced such as of bereavement, injury or illness we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services. If you fail to arrive at the pre-arranged meeting place, join the tour after departure, or leave prior to its completion, no refund will be made. Travel insurance and medical insurance are compulsory.
Cancellation by the tour operator
This trip is guaranteed to depart once a group of four fully paid travellers has been reached otherwise or when a Force Majeure Event results in cancellation of a trip.
Life's An Adventure reserves the right to cancel this trip 60 days prior to departure (Australian tours) or 90 days prior to departure (International tours).
If the operator cancels your trip, you can choose to:
- Hold a credit on file towards an alternative trip with a departure date within 36 months; or
- receive a refund of monies paid in full (less 2.5% transaction fees).
If the cancellation is due to a Force Majeure event, no refunds will be granted and clients will need to reschedule their tour to a future date within 36 months, plus pay a surcharge for unrecoverable costs, comprising any costs, fees, expenses or the like that the company has paid or is liable to pay and which the company is unable to recover.