Glenworth Valley Lead Pony Ride for ages 3–12 years: Introduce your children to the world of horse riding with this Lead Pony Horse Ride. A lead pony horse ride is where you walk along with your child leading the horse. Depending on the age of the child, a second adult may need to support the child. Horses are carefully chosen for their temperament so only placid ponies are used, guaranteeing your child's best time on a horse. Choose from a 30 or 60 minute session.
Glenworth Valley Lead Pony Ride
- Watching your children develop a love of horses
- Helping your child overcome fears
- Wonderful location of Glenworth Valley
Once the instructor show's you how to look after your lead pony you are free to walk your pony, with your child sitting in the saddle, around the pastured river flats adjacent to Popran Creek. Each lead pony can be shared between up to 4 children with 1 child allowed on the horse at a time.
- Located close to Sydney at Peats Ridge
- An 1 hour from the Harbour Bridge
- 20 minutes from Hornsby or just 15 minutes from Gosford.
- The Lead Pony Ride is either 30 or 60 minutes in duration and operates 7 days a week.
- Please book at least 2 days in advance.
- During peak times (school holidays and public holidays) the rides are very busy, so book early.
- No previous experience is necessary.
- Minimum riding age is 3 years, maximum age is 12 years.
- One adult per horse is required to lead your pony from the ground if all children are 5 yrs and older.
- Two adults per horse are required, one to lead, the other to support the child for children 4 years and younger.
- Maximum weight limit of 105kg
- Weekday price $78.00 (1 hour only).
- Weekend price $48.00 (1/2 hour) or $78.00 (1hour)
- Rides are conducted in all weather conditions.
- You will ride in a group of up to 10 people and accompanied by an experienced guide.
What to wear:
- We recommend full length pants, jodhpurs, moleskins and jeans are ideal.
- Fully enclosed shoes such as horse riding boots or shoes with a flat sole and small heel. Riding boots available for hire.
- Sandals, thongs or large bulky shoes with a heavy tread pattern are not permitted.
- For safety reasons backpacks and the like are not permitted to be worn whilst horse riding.
- Depending on the weather we suggest bringing sunscreen, insect repellent & brimmed hat.
- A cafe is open serving food and beverages most weekends and vending machines operate all week with drinks and snacks.
Break Loose recommends that you should always consider Travel Insurance.
Check out all of our Glenworth Valley experiences