Glenworth Valley Horse Riding Tour: With 3000 acres of unspoilt Australian bush, lush green valleys and ancient rainforest trails to explore, your guided horse ride starts from Australia’s largest horse riding centre at Glenworth Valley. Located less than an hour from Sydney, your hosts will provide you with an unforgettable 2 hour horse riding experience, leisurely riding through the bush and cantering across lush green valleys.
Glenworth Valley Horse Riding Tour
- Horse riding on unspoilt trails
- 180 mins of guided horse riding
- The variety of different areas including rainforest, creeks, open fields.
- Beginners welcome
Altogether there are 50kms of unspoilt wilderness trails to explore. Keep an eye out for the abundant wildlife on your ride, including wallabies, lyrebirds, cockatoos, king parrots and bellbirds. Discover the shady canopy of the rainforest trail, meander along the banks of Popran Creek, the purest tributary to the Hawkesbury River and then arrive at the natural rock pools.
Riding horses in Glenworth Valley
There are 200 quality horses to choose from with challenging horses for expert riders through to gentle horses for nervous beginners. You will be accompanied by one of our professional and friendly guides to assist you. If you are an experienced rider and you wish to break away from the group, you may be able to do this with the permission of your guide.
Experienced staff will match one of the quality horses to your level of experience and all riders are given full instruction before leaving the yards.
- Located close to Sydney at Peats Ridge
- An 1 hour from the Harbour Bridge
- 20 minutes from Hornsby or just 15 minutes from Gosford.
- The Guided Horse Trail Ride is 2 hours in duration and operates 7 days a week.
- Rides depart weekdays at 10am and 2pm and weekends at 9.30am, 12pm and 2pm.
- Please book at least 2 days in advance.
- During peak times (NSW school holidays are only 1&1/2 hour session) and public holidays, the rides are very busy, so book early.
- No previous experience is necessary.
- Minimum riding age is 7 years.
- Riders under 18 will needing to be signed in by a parent or guardian on the day.
- Please Note: There is a weight limitation of 110kg.
- Riders will be required to sign an "application to ride" form prior to participating in their ride.
The wearing of helmets is compulsory for all riders.
- Bring your own horse riding helmet, purchase one from us or hire one for $5.
- Helmet hire is free of charge for children under 18 years of age.
- We have riding boots available for hire.
- Rides are conducted in all weather conditions.
- You will ride in a group of up to 10 people and accompanied by an experienced guide.
What to wear:
- We recommend full length pants, jodhpurs, moleskins and jeans are ideal.
- Fully enclosed shoes such as horse riding boots or shoes with a flat sole and small heel. Riding boots available for hire.
- Sandals, thongs or large bulky shoes with a heavy tread pattern are not permitted.
- For safety reasons backpacks and the like are not permitted to be worn whilst horse riding.
- Depending on the weather we suggest bringing sunscreen, insect repellent & brimmed hat.
- A cafe is open serving food and beverages most weekends and vending machines operate all week with drinks and snacks.
Check out all of our Glenworth Valley experiences