Glasshouse Mountains Rock Climbing Trip: Join our qualified rock climbing guides and hike to the summit of Mt Ngungun! Take in the spectacular views before having a crack at the 25m cliffs. There are number of different climbs to suit all levels and abilities. Our Glass House Mountains Rock Climbing is a full day of climbing in the magnificent Glass House Mountains National Park. This mountain range with its unusual array of domes, cones and spires grew from volcanic activity millions of years ago.
Glasshouse Mountains Rock Climbing
- A full day of rock climbing
- Professional climbing guide
- Stunning Glasshouse Mountains Scenery
- Small personal group
Your rock climbing adventure requires no previous climbing experience and is suitable for all ages. Although you’re climbing well within your comfort zone, this Glasshouse adventure does demand a moderate fitness level. There is a walk up to the summit of approximately one hour along walking tracks.
Moderate level of fitness require, there is a walk in to the climbing sites of approximately 40 mins. This activity is the perfect introduction to climbing for adventurous people who love a challenge.
- 6 Hours
Fitness and Experience
- An moderate level of fitness is required
- Anyone with a sense of adventure and a love of the outdoors is bound to enjoy this challenge
- We can cater for any level of experience beginners through to experienced simply advise us of your abilities at the time of booking
- Must be at least 8 years of age to participate.
- Minimum participant age is 8 years old (participants under 13 can climb only, they require a parent or legal guardian to belay them)
- All participants under 16 years old must be accompanied by an parent or legal guardian)
- A waiver is required by all participants.
- Those under 18 must have the assumption of risk form signed on their behalf by their parent or legal guardian.
- Not recommended during pregnancy
What to bring/wear
- Non-restrictive clothing that suits the weather on the day (the summit is exposed, a light jacket or wind jacket can be handy).
- Footwear should be enclosed, hiking boots runners are ideal
- Bring a backpack (ensure it is large enough to carry water and your allocated safety equipment)
- 2–3 litres of water, hat, insect repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses (there are no facilities on the mountain)
- Please note this is not a catered activity and you are required to bring your own food and refreshments to keep you powered up!
- If you have some climbing gear, bring it along (use is subject to inspection by the instructor)
What is supplied
- Instruction by qualified guides
- All safety equipment including helmets
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Want to learn rock climbing in Brisbane?
Need a quick rock climbing session in Brisbane?