Full Repertoire Aerobatic Joy Flight, Byron Bay, 35 mins. Let's scrap the idea of a scenic flight and go Full Repertoire Aerobatics! Your professional pilot performs several head-spinning aerobatics. You may recognise some of these terms... Cuban Eights, Half Cuban Eights, Hammerhead, Stall Turns, Inside Loop, Outside Loop, Inverted Spins, Snap rolls, Flick rolls and it goes on! This is a warbird adventure flight that will be structured to your wishes and level of intensity of aerobatics. And we think there may be some time for a bit of sight seeing as well.
Full Repertoire Aerobatic Joy Flight
- 35 minutes from engine on to off in a Russian YAK 52 aircraft
- Feel some high g-forces as you speed along
- Sights of the Byron Bay Area including the coastline, Mt Warning and the Byron Bay Hinterland
This is rated a wild aerobatic experience which will include a full range of aerobatic manoeuvres.
The Yak 52 Aircraft:
The Yak 52, VH-YYA, is a 1991 model built for the Russian Air Force, making it one of the newest Yaks in Australia. Due to the collapse of the Soviet Union this aircraft was placed in storage until 1997 when it was imported to Australia. The aircraft carries its original military colour scheme and our Yak 52 is complete with the original Russian instrumentation and avionics. It has a powerful 360hp supercharged 9 cylinder radial engine and the aircraft is stressed to +7/-5 G. It is capable of extreme aerobatics but also makes the perfect aircraft for cruising around with the canopy open to have a leisurely look at the amazing scenery in the Byron Bay area.
The aircraft is fitted with a smoke generator which uses vegetable oil to produce a high visibility white smoke trail for your friends to keep track of your flight path as you carve up the sky.
- 35 minutes in a Russian YAK 52 aircraft
- Safety and aircraft briefing
- Qualified pilot
- Mild aerobatics
- We operate from the Ballina Aero Club at the General Aviation area of Ballina Byron Gateway Airport.
- Your pilot will give you specific directions where to meet.
- You'll spend 35 mins in the Yak plane. This is from engine start to engine stop.
- Please allow up to 2 hours for this experience in case of weather or Air Traffic Control delays
- You should plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your arranged departure time, so that you can be briefed on the safety features of the aircraft.
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Children under 18 years are required to have parent or guardian authorisation
- Maximum weight for this experience is 110kg
- Maximum height is 190cm
- Participants will need to sign a waiver before flying
- Unsuitable for pregnant women
- The aircraft is capable of abrupt movement. We recommend you obtain medical advice if you have a prevailing condition.
- Spectators are welcome.
- This experience is weather dependent.
- Flights do not occur in rain or strong winds.
- If this weather does occur on the day of your flight you will contacted and rescheduled to another day.
- All weather decisions are made on the day of the flight, not before.
Conditions, Cancellation Policy and Booking Changes
- Flight times quoted are from engine start to engine shutdown. Times are approximate and may vary according to wind conditions, Air Traffic Control etc.
- A minimum of 48 hrs notice is required to change a booking.
- Cancellation Fees:
- A $50 cancellation fee applies if you cancel within 48 hrs of your booking, paid to the operator.
- All cancellations incur a 1.75% fee to cover merchant charges, paid to Break Loose.
- No refunds are paid if you fail to show on the day.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
After something more mild?
- Byron Bay Scenic Joy Flight with gentle aerobatics, 25 mins
- Byron Bay Balloon Flight, Far North Coast NSW