Full Day Caving, Melbourne, Yarra Junction or Labertouche Caves: There is a whole new world waiting for you in the subterranean world of adventure caving. You're caving adventure begins with an activity briefing from your professional caving guide. The guide will explain the equipment used, the caves and their geological formation, unique fauna what you should expect to see underground. Adventure caving requires teamwork and this will be encouraged the group navigates its way through the maze of passages and choke points as you squeeze your way to the exit point. Your guides will be with you every confined step of the way, making sure you are safe and having fun. This is a caving experience where you'll crawl, climb, abseil and get very dirty and wet!
Full Day Caving @ Yarra Junction or Labertouche Caves
- Getting down, dirty & wet at the granite caves
- Wade through a subterranean river
- Explore chambers, caverns and chasms
- Watch as the glowworms reveal themselves
- Your Guide provides interesting facts & information
- Ideal for beginners to intermediate cavers
- Delicious Picnic lunch after a full-day caving adventure
- Stress-free roundtrip transfer from a Melbourne train station to Cave site
Beginner or Intermediate
- Are you new to caving? We recommend you choose the Yarra Junction caves. They are better suited for beginners or nervous cavers.
- Labertouche caves are suitable for intermediate cavers as they require a greater level of commitment.
- Let us know your preference in the booking notes. The guide will discuss further with you once booked.
- Beginners may also be interested in: Yarra Junction Caving Experience, Melbourne, Half Day
- Yarra Junction cave approx. 1 hour from Melbourne.
- Labertouche cave approx. 1½ hours from Melbourne.
- Weekend day trips all year.
- Weekdays available for larger group bookings.
- Use the "enquire" tab above to contact us... include numbers, ages and dates wanted.
- Tours depart approx. 9:30 am and return approx. 3:30 pm
- Transfers to and from cave site or self drive
- Picnic lunch
- Professional caving guides
- All caving & safety gear including ropes, helmets & headlamps.
What to wear:
- We recommend old clothes or overalls, old pants (no denim jeans).
- Fleecy jacket, thermal underclothes, woollen socks, and old runners.
- You will also need a towel and a changes of clothes for the end.
Age + Fitness Restrictions:
- Child* = 12 to 16 years
- This activity is suitable for anyone over the age of 12 years.
- Children under 16 yrs must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Average fitness recommended.
- Caving can be cramped, therefore it helps to be on the small size and flexibility is an advantage.
- Not recommended if you suffer from claustrophobia or are pregnant.
- Asthmatic? You must bring your medication on the day. You will not be allowed to enter the cave without it.
- If you have back, neck, joint, or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate.
We need a minimum group size 4 participants to run this experience. Single bookings are welcome, you will be joining another group on the day.
Please note that new "Fire Danger Ratings" now operate in Victoria. All tours will be subject to suitable weather and fire safety conditions as advised by relevant authorities. Tours may be postponed at short notice as Total Fire Ban Days are not declared until late afternoon on the day prior. This is beyond the tour operator's control.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
You may also be interested in: